yconic - Applying to everything
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Applying to everything

A photo of stephen27 stephen27
I don't have too many hours of volunteering (just over 72) but I'm still seeking awards. Do you thing simply applying to everything out there will lead to some sort of success? I don't think it really matters too much how my chances are. I'll take every oppertunitiy I can! :compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
31 replies

A photo of chenshirley chenshirley
Yes, I think so haha! The more applications you put out there the more chances you have of winning. :) Boast about what you've done. Significance over amount of time done.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Desiray Desiray
Apply for everything, you never know what will happen!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
72 hours is a LOT compared to a lot of people out there.
I know a lot of people who just do 30 because they only need 30 to graduate.
It's definitely enough to win you some kind of scholarship, maybe not a big one, but something for sure.
Apply for EVERYTHING and ANYTHING that seems relevant to you and if you complete the requirements.
Most (although there are scholarships awarded to those SPECIALLY with 100+ hours for those keeners) scholarships don't specify how many hours your need, just proof of your dedication and effort.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Buttoncakes Buttoncakes

@chenshirley wrote
Yes, I think so haha! The more applications you put out there the more chances you have of winning. :) Boast about what you've done. Significance over amount of time done.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xxMoonCakezxx xxMoonCakezxx
"apply to everything" you say, but what is everything?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nicole159 nicole159
apply to as much as possible!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xxMoonCakezxx xxMoonCakezxx

@nicole159 wrote
apply to as much as possible!!

like?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Tsandhu Tsandhu
You should apply to all the awards listen under "My Awards", it doesn't hurt to apply. I mean it's pretty much free money, right?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Tsandhu Tsandhu
*listed
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Yes! Reply to anything you're eligible for! That's what I'm doing :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kaylamarie21 Kaylamarie21
It is a good idea to apply to anywhere you can. It gives you a wider variety to choose from and also if you at a later date don't want to go to one place you have many more to choose.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ShawnaB24 ShawnaB24
I'm trying to apply to everything that I am eligible for! : )
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of juliamamone juliamamone
alot of scholarships dont even end up being awarded because no one applies for them...so apply to everything you can!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of crazymoon crazymoon
Yes, you should absolutely apply for any scholarship that you think you're even remotely qualified for. The more applications you do the more chances you have of winning!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I'm too. I don't miss a chance to enter a contest or a chance to win even $500, everything counts.
I wish I could win all of my application, I'd be able to pay for the whole career in one go!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of bekabear bekabear
Don't just apply, do a good job applying or there is no point.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

it can never hurt to apply
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of catherine1 catherine1
What I've never understood, is why universities and scholarhsips only take into account volunteer hours rather than the amount of hours some students work to fund their university!! I understand that being part of the community is a big deal and shows that the applicant is active in their society, but sometimes there's more to a teenager's life than just school. Most of the time, actually.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of September90 September90
I really enjoy this site and hope to find some scholarships to help me through my school years. Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of yubyub93 yubyub93
I'm also very nervous about applying for scholarships because I don't know if my volunteer hours will be enough compared to other people out there.. but I certainly am applying to essay writing ones because I know the more I apply to, the higher my chance of receiving at least 1. :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of melisrat melisrat
Apply to everything! It's a good idea, I've heard of a guy winning a scholarship for something in a trade where the criteria to get the scholarship was designed for a girl.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of anhnguyen3 anhnguyen3
Yes, the more you apply to, the better chance of winning something! But of course, make sure you apply well too.

And I think 72 is pretty good, like someone said earlier many people only have the minimum required 30. Keep volunteering and building up those hours though!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of shadowinthedark shadowinthedark
I really want to apply for every scholarship, but it is so hard to write the essays... T.T
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of briannajchan briannajchan
Yes sure if you apply to all the scholarships that you know you are eligible for. I'm also doing the same. This can increase the chances for the applicant to win at least something better than nothing since you put in so much work serving the community. 72 hours is quite a lot and you should be proud of your achievements.
But the research part of applying for scholarships and filling in the applications not to mention some require you to provide additional supporting documents such as essays, reference letter and transcripts are a lot of hassle. But in the end if you win something I guess all that work is worth it.
You're not alone. I'm sure lots of people out there are doing the same, like me, for example.
Was this helpful? Yes 0