yconic - Applying to Transfer U of T Campuses!!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Applying to Transfer U of T Campuses!!

A photo of nadia93 nadia93
so i'm in first year at u of t scarborough because this was an alternate offer from st george cause they rejected me :(
so i'm applying again through the internal application on their admissions website
this application is so confuuusing!

so here are my questions:
1. for year level for the program i'm applying to, it gave me two options: 'first year' and 'advanced standing'. i put 'advanced standing' since i'm applying to enter as a 2nd year... right?

2. for 'number of years in a canadian school system', i put 15 years, including this year... do you think that's correct?

3. under 'institutions attended', it gave me a list of universities to choose from and there wasn't campus specific options so i just chose university of toronto but now it changes the 'location of the institution' to 27 kings college cir. but i go to scarborough... is that still okay? i was thinking maybe they mean the main address of the whole university? i'm just worried they'll think i go to st george... below it, there's an option to add a university that's not on the list. i was going to do that until i got to the next section called 'transcript requests' and it says that "Admissions and Awards will collect University of Toronto transcripts directly from the appropriate divisions." so, will they know that i go to scarborough and get my transcript from there? uuugh, i hate this :(

4. the last section is the most confusing... it's called 'activities' and it says "Indicate all of the activities, such as volunteering, sports and work that you participated in when you were not attending school full-time (maximum of nine entries)." ...what is that? do they want to know what i did over the summer? lol why do they want to know this? or is this for people who haven't gone to school in a while and worked instead?

sorry for sounding whiny but i want to do this properly
thanks in advance! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Call them
Was this helpful? Yes 0

i think i will

but is anyone else on here applying to transfer campuses? just curious
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Toronto12 Toronto12

@nadia93 wrote
so i'm in first year at u of t scarborough because this was an alternate offer from st george cause they rejected me :(
so i'm applying again through the internal application on their admissions website
this application is so confuuusing!

so here are my questions:
1. for year level for the program i'm applying to, it gave me two options: 'first year' and 'advanced standing'. i put 'advanced standing' since i'm applying to enter as a 2nd year... right?

2. for 'number of years in a canadian school system', i put 15 years, including this year... do you think that's correct?

3. under 'institutions attended', it gave me a list of universities to choose from and there wasn't campus specific options so i just chose university of toronto but now it changes the 'location of the institution' to 27 kings college cir. but i go to scarborough... is that still okay? i was thinking maybe they mean the main address of the whole university? i'm just worried they'll think i go to st george... below it, there's an option to add a university that's not on the list. i was going to do that until i got to the next section called 'transcript requests' and it says that "Admissions and Awards will collect University of Toronto transcripts directly from the appropriate divisions." so, will they know that i go to scarborough and get my transcript from there? uuugh, i hate this :(

4. the last section is the most confusing... it's called 'activities' and it says "Indicate all of the activities, such as volunteering, sports and work that you participated in when you were not attending school full-time (maximum of nine entries)." ...what is that? do they want to know what i did over the summer? lol why do they want to know this? or is this for people who haven't gone to school in a while and worked instead?

sorry for sounding whiny but i want to do this properly
thanks in advance! :)

I'm not 100% sure of numbers 1,2,3 but number 4 is an indication of your extracurricular
activities that you joined and participated at UTSC first year. Most universities require students to fill these because these indicate that a student is well rounded, active and can time management between courses and school. Although grades are often the most important indicator of student's academic ability, extracurricular are almost or even above academics if you apply to competitive programs. ex "Every year the University of Harvard receives thousands of applications with students obtaining near 100% in their courses and state exams. However the determining factor is the student's community, work and volunteer activities are the reason why they should accept a student." Take it this way, why should UofT St.George accept you when Bill or Joe over there has 4.0 C.G.P.A during his/her first year at UTSC.

Overall, you should fill in the fourth category with things that you've done at UTSC. If you were not active, you can still provide volunteer, high school clubs etc but report truthfully and honestly in each category.

Best of luck to you!

Was this helpful? Yes 0

thanks you so much!! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I agree.
Was this helpful? Yes 0