yconic - Applying to two streams at once?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Applying to two streams at once?

A photo of sdf789 sdf789
Hey everyone,

So i am a little confused because I can't seem to decide between chemistry or biology as a subject of interest, and since they are in two separate streams I would have to apply to both.

Seeing as I like biology(medical kind) and chemistry, does anyone know a good school for science that combines the both and what the program is called?

Also a little irrelevant, but i heard that some schools provide alternate acceptance, so what exactly happens and which schools offer that for science?

Thanks for help!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
Why don't you just do a bio major/chem minor (or vica versa). Or a double major. It's extremely easy to take both bio and chem courses. In fact there's this thing called biochemistry...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sdf789 sdf789
Thanks for the reply,

I like the idea of the double major, I did some research into biochemistry before and it looked pretty good.

I just wanted to know if there was some other major that I missed that combined the two together as well, because I am into things like pharmacology and genetics so I think the double major would be a better way to go.

In your opinion which schools do you think would be best to do that undergrad?

And would you recommend York or UofT if I had to choose between the both?
Was this helpful? Yes 0