yconic - Applying to University: High school Credits
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Applying to University: High school Credits

A photo of AbiHelbig AbiHelbig
Hey there,
I have just applied to 4 Universities for LifeSci and HealthSci,and I was wondering which 6 courses count towards my top 6? I'm taking 7 courses in total which include:

English (est.93%),
Biology (94%),
Chemistry (89%),
Anthropology (non-science/tech/math course(est. 95%),
Advanced Functions (83%),
Calculus and Vectors (est.89%), and
Physics (est. 93%)

But unfortunately, I didn't do as well as I expected to do in few of the courses especially Advanced Functions (84%. So, is it possible for them to just count Calculus and Vectors to my top 6 courses and not consider the Advanced Functions mark? So then they will probably look at the following six courses, right?:

English,
Biology (94%),
Chemistry (89%),
Anthropology (non-science/tech/math course,
Calculus and Vectors, and
Physics

Also, do you think it would be beneficial to take Grade 12 Physics or should I drop it for next semester and take something like Exercise Science/ even re-take Advanced Functions to upgrade my mark? Would that look good on my application?

Thank you, for taking your time :)
________________________________________________________________________________________
Applying to:
McMaster for LifeSci, Health Sci and BioEng
UofT for LifeSci and BioEng
Waterloo for LifeSci, HonoursSci
Western Ontario for LifeSci and BioMedSci
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
They will take whatever the prereqs are + top remaining courses to round out the top 6.

So if adv functions is a prereq, then they will have to include that. If it's not a prereq, then they will take a higher mark in lieu of it. If the prereq just specifies "a math" then they will take whichever math you did better on (calc). If both calc and adv functions are prereqs, then they will look at both of them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AbiHelbig AbiHelbig

@inthemaking wrote
They will take whatever the prereqs are + top remaining courses to round out the top 6.

So if adv functions is a prereq, then they will have to include that. If it's not a prereq, then they will take a higher mark in lieu of it. If the prereq just specifies "a math" then they will take whichever math you did better on (calc). If both calc and adv functions are prereqs, then they will look at both of them.

So let's say I want to get into Mac Health Sci/ LifeSci do they just count my Cal mark, as it says on their sites "one of MCV4U, MHF4U, MDM4U"?
Was this helpful? Yes 0