yconic - Applying to UofT
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Applying to UofT

A photo of jschiralli jschiralli
I'll be entering grade 12 in September, so I know it might seem a little bit early for this, but I was wondering if someone could just explain the application process to me? I'm interested in applying to U of T, it is definitely my first choice. Do you apply to a specific program and then choose your courses if accepted? Like humanities, social science, etc? And if you get into one program, can you still select courses from another program if you're interested in them? (if you have the requirements)

Also, for anyone that has applied or gotten into U of T, what was your average like? I finished grade 11 with an 85% average, and I'm really hoping to do better next year. I hope to study something along the lines of law, philosophy, criminology, etc...

Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of HeroOfCanton HeroOfCanton
If you're applying to arts & science, then you choose a category (humanities, social science, life science, etc.). You don't necessarily have to do a program in the category you applied for (e.g., you could have enrolled as a humanities student and end up majoring in sociology). This category doesn't matter much, but some first-year courses have enrollment controls. For example, life science students get priority in biology and chemistry courses, and then after the priority period is over, students from other categories can register for those courses.

I got into social sciences at Trinity with a top 6 average was 92%, but my average in grade 11 was in the low 80s. Put your mind to it, and you will see an improvement.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jschiralli jschiralli

@HeroOfCanton wrote
If you're applying to arts & science, then you choose a category (humanities, social science, life science, etc.). You don't necessarily have to do a program in the category you applied for (e.g., you could have enrolled as a humanities student and end up majoring in sociology). This category doesn't matter much, but some first-year courses have enrollment controls. For example, life science students get priority in biology and chemistry courses, and then after the priority period is over, students from other categories can register for those courses.

I got into social sciences at Trinity with a top 6 average was 92%, but my average in grade 11 was in the low 80s. Put your mind to it, and you will see an improvement.

This was helpful and cleared a lot of stuff up for me, thank you!
Was this helpful? Yes 0