yconic - Architecture Undergrad at UoTSG
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Architecture Undergrad at UoTSG

A photo of spicelatte spicelatte
How reputable is the architectural studies undergrad program at the University of Toronto? I looked at the admission requirements, I found it a bit strange that they didn't ask for a portfolio, unlike most other architecture schools. I've been hearing lately that the program doesn't prepare you well for a MArch, since it's very theory based and doesn't teach you how to use industry-standard programs such as AutoCAD. Any thoughts on this?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of jelly jelly
It doesn't prepare you because its an arts degree. It doesn't even require maths or physics to be accepted. While UofT reps say that it will prepare you for an accredited MArch degree, I find it pretty hard to believe, considering how other schools with BArch (and its equivalent) programs are going much more in-depth in topics that are more relevant. I suspect that you wouldn't be learning much of anything technical there. Of course, that's just my opinion, and as a student who is looking to pursue architecture, I personally didn't apply.
Was this helpful? Yes 0