yconic - Are any soon-to-be Shoelickers from the GTA considering rez?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Are any soon-to-be Shoelickers from the GTA considering rez?

A photo of amhsirak amhsirak
I live 20 minutes away from York, so really, I could commute. I will definitely dread commuting in the winter, so I was thinking of living on rez for at least first year, but I'm afraid that rez life will be a waste of money bc there will be no social aspect (in comparison to Western). This is my biggest concern with accepting my Schulich offer. Anywho, are any fellow GTAers considering this?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of Bossofbosses Bossofbosses
You live 20 minutes away...No point in living on res.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn
Meh, I also live close enough to commute...and I do want to live away from home, but York doesn't seem like the safest place. There's been a string of incidents lately, and it really isn't a good neighbourhood. D:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

so are you not choosing schu bc of that?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn
Nah, can't turn down the offer. I'll just commute :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of A23C A23C
No point. A major reason why many people go to Schulich is because they can commute + I hear York res is awful.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn
Have you decided which offer to accept?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
If I were you I'd choose Laurier or Ivey over Schulich. Not really a close-knit community at York...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I'm honestly stuck between Ivey and Schu.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Username81 wrote
If I were you I'd choose Laurier or Ivey over Schulich. Not really a close-knit community at York...

IDK about the rest of York, but I've heard Schu is really tight knit bc of the overall size of the program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@amhsirak wrote

@Username81 wrote

IDK about the rest of York, but I've heard Schu is really tight knit bc of the overall size of the program.

You're probably right as I've never actually visited York (this is just all stuff I've heard). I've heard great things about Laurier and Western though. But it's what you make of it I suppose.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mercenary mercenary
Yeah I think I might stay on rez I live like 30 minutes away though... I dunno
Rez+meal plan is like 7500?
Insurance+parking+gas should be like 5500+? That does not include cost of the car itself and food...
Was this helpful? Yes 0