yconic - Are Midterm marks posted on OUAC?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Are Midterm marks posted on OUAC?

A photo of NiruMan92 NiruMan92
My midterm marks haven't shown on OUAC and My private school will send them on Tomorrow or Thursday, will this delay the process of me getting into a university?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of imback imback

@NiruMan92 wrote
My midterm marks haven't shown on OUAC and My private school will send them on Tomorrow or Thursday, will this delay the process of me getting into a university?

you noob, calm down it's only april, and universities want all the marks by the end of April. How about doing some research on the OUAC website before creating unnecessary threads.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of goldmansachs goldmansachs

@NiruMan92 wrote

No you're fine. It's just private schools that send them earlier, the day of transmission for public schools is on the 26th of April.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of amhsirak amhsirak

@imback wrote

@NiruMan92 wrote

you noob, calm down it's only april, and universities want all the marks by the end of April. How about doing some research on the OUAC website before creating unnecessary threads.

Hey jerk off, S T F U! This is a forum where ppl ask questions; if you feel as though a question is "stupid", don't bother answering! The OUAC site provides info which is somewhat ambiguous (IMO), which is why ppl come onto here... TO GET CLARIFICATION.

Moving on, can anyone tell me the difference between these two important deadlines on OUAC's site:
April 28, 2011
Deadline date for Ontario secondary schools to report, to the OUAC, midterm grades for second-semester courses and interim grades for full-year courses. Grades that the OUAC receives earlier will be transmitted to Ontario universities when received.
May 10, 2011
Target date for Ontario universities to receive, from the OUAC, second-semester midterm grades and interim grades for full-year courses. Grades that the OUAC receives earlier will be transmitted to Ontario universities when received.

What is the difference between these two dates? Thanks :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of North North

@amhsirak wrote
Moving on, can anyone tell me the difference between these two important deadlines on OUAC's site:
April 28, 2011
Deadline date for Ontario secondary schools to report, to the OUAC, midterm grades for second-semester courses and interim grades for full-year courses. Grades that the OUAC receives earlier will be transmitted to Ontario universities when received.
May 10, 2011
Target date for Ontario universities to receive, from the OUAC, second-semester midterm grades and interim grades for full-year courses. Grades that the OUAC receives earlier will be transmitted to Ontario universities when received.

What is the difference between these two dates? Thanks :)

Sending your marks to universities is a two step process. First your high school needs to send the marks to the OUAC and then the OUAC sends these to the universities you applied to.

April 28th is the last day for the first step to occur. That means that by this date your school will have sent your marks to the OUAC.

May 10th is the deadline that the OUAC has put on themselves to send marks to the universites. This means that by May 10th each university you have applied to should have your marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of amhsirak amhsirak
May 10 seems kind of late, no? Do you think OUAC sends marks earlier than this date (1-2 days after your high school posts your marks onto OUAC)? I was under the impression that most acceptances came between May 1'st - May 15'th... Any insight on this?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of North North

@amhsirak wrote
May 10 seems kind of late, no? Do you think OUAC sends marks earlier than this date (1-2 days after your high school posts your marks onto OUAC)? I was under the impression that most acceptances came between May 1'st - May 15'th... Any insight on this?

May 10th is the last day. Like the OUAC website says (and you quoted it) if they get the marks form the school earlier then they will send them earlier. But with so many students compiling and sending the marks is actually a big task so it takes time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0