yconic - Are my ECS considered below average or average
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Are my ECS considered below average or average

A photo of KevinL KevinL
2 jobs
2 volunteer
1 sports team
5-6 clubs
NO LEADERSHIP POSITIONS

I know my ECS are definitely not excellent, but is it still considered average?
also if waterloo was to grade my aif, do you think i would get 6/12?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@KevinL wrote
2 jobs
2 volunteer
1 sports team
5-6 clubs
NO LEADERSHIP POSITIONS

not that good... why not start now? start to take some leadership!
prob 6/12, but shouldn't you aim higher?lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IanSharer IanSharer

@s2saki wrote

@KevinL wrote
2 jobs
2 volunteer
1 sports team
5-6 clubs
NO LEADERSHIP POSITIONS

not that good... why not start now? start to take some leadership!
prob 6/12, but shouldn't you aim higher?lol

How would one gain a leadership position with barely a month until applications are due?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
How can you not, start peer tutoring ur class mates, ask the teacher if you could be their TA during your lunch time, lead & propose a fundraiser event at your school to help some charities.
if you wanna be a leader then at least take the initiative to think of something to do..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KevinL KevinL

@s2saki wrote
How can you not, start peer tutoring ur class mates, ask the teacher if you could be their TA during your lunch time, lead & propose a fundraiser event at your school to help some charities.
if you wanna be a leader then at least take the initiative to think of something to do..

well I actually volunteered at the library tutoring a student, also I volunteered at a community centre tutoring another student. Does that count as leadership?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KatrinaRiddle KatrinaRiddle

@KevinL wrote

@s2saki wrote

well I actually volunteered at the library tutoring a student, also I volunteered at a community centre tutoring another student. Does that count as leadership?

Er..true, it is very hard to do leadership in one month. I don't think tutor counts for leadership unless you are the leader of the tutor club/other tutors. I have S.C president and a club CEO for my leadership. Does your school have a leadership club or something? Try to join that if you can. Or when you are in a sport team, are you a captain? That is a type of leadership. I chose to be the manager of my school's boys' basketball team even though I do not play any basketball and I'm a girl. Ask your teacher that if you can be a manager of a sport team and try to organize some games for the team, that may help for leadership as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0