yconic - are there presentations in business programs?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

are there presentations in business programs?

A photo of JoeSmith JoeSmith
If yes, are they individual and in teams, also do you make presentations in those lecture halls
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of missblair missblair

@JoeSmith wrote
If yes, are they individual and in teams, also do you make presentations in those lecture halls

lol I just asked the same question in the brock BAcc thread but yes, if anyone knows please post here :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 123abcuwo 123abcuwo
I don't know about other business programs, but there are presentations at Ivey. The presentations are usually mandatory case competitions, done in teams of 6-8. They're not in lecture halls in front of a gazillion people because that's just not feasible (imagine if your class had 200 people, you'd be watching 30+ presentations).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 120513 120513
i was wondering too because i hate presentations...
but there will probably be some
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of spock100 spock100
Yes there are. Usually in teams/groups...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jordan23 Jordan23
lol I would freak out doing a presentation in front of 400 let alone 50 :monkey:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dijcan dijcan
These days there are presentations in mostly every program.
In business, it is important to learn to project/present our ideas the presentation and other group work are a key component. It helps you to prepare for the business world, as you will probably be working in teams and presenting to your clinets.

However, this not really a bad thing as it helps to meet new people and develop an important skill of public speaking. In most business classes, at lower level the profs help in understanding on what they expect or youy can visit some workshops in your campus that will help to prepare for presentations.

Hope that helps.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of imsyed imsyed
+1 to the above post..

If you dont like presentations start liking them already cause sooner or later you will have to 'engage' =)
Was this helpful? Yes 0