yconic - art teacher salary?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

art teacher salary?

A photo of B1GM1KE B1GM1KE
just out of curiosity what is the average salary of an art teacher in canada? what about internationally?
:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Noval Noval

@B1GM1KE wrote
just out of curiosity what is the average salary of an art teacher in canada? what about internationally?
:)

Depends what you're looking at,

High School teachers have garbage salaries and are at the core people being too weak to continue their studies at University(Yeah i said it, that's not a surprise when 95% of High School teachers i see are pathetic dbags.)Avg salary is 45k, wether it's math, arts or even goddamn litterature.

College teachers make between 60-90k/year, seniority and role outside the classroom such as research or direction can boost their salary to 160k, easy, and this is in all fields, including arts.

Gradschool teachers are the highest paid in the crop, often averaging 150k and have tons of respect, but you need a Ph.D. from a GOOD University and tons of experience.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of burntheevidence burntheevidence
www.payscale.com is a great website to use to compare the salary to other jobs and such.

http://www.payscale.com/research/CA/Job=Art,_Drama,_or_Music_Teacher,_Postsecondary/Salary

I'm hoping to get in to be a drama teacher. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of msteinwand msteinwand
Another good website for learning about salaries and the job descriptions is www.careercruising.com
We learned about the website in my Planning 10 class and it is really valuable because you can learn about salaries, job descriptions and sample career paths
:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NelyNelson NelyNelson
I think starting off around 40k? but if you work for 11 years i think it maxes out around 90.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Lyssa Lyssa
In Canada the teacher start of making a decent amount. I have a friend who has been teaching for 10 years now and she makes at least 95k and when she started she was making about 65k.
Was this helpful? Yes 0