yconic - Arts Co-op/ Arts and Business Co-op
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Arts Co-op/ Arts and Business Co-op

A photo of kaloolah kaloolah
Is anyone in this? Do you find it to be worth the experience?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of eedensp eedensp
i'm considering doing it for psychology next year, from what i've researched it's proven to be beneficial, you get paid for it, you start to build connections, and you get to try different career positions within your field. Hope this helps :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of emattila1987 emattila1987
How do you apply for a Co-Op? I mean how would someone just hire someone with no experience?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of anberlin1990 anberlin1990
Usually if you go into a co-op program your teachers and school will mostlikely help you find something you can do... plus if your going into a co-op from your program youre going to get some training before you enter the work field
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Shamelessidealist Shamelessidealist
What kinds of coop placements are there for Waterloo arts and business?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of North North

@Shamelessidealist wrote
What kinds of coop placements are there for Waterloo arts and business?

My sister is on her first co-op term in the program. She is working at www.chickadvisor.com

But when she was applying she found a wide range of jobs. I remember a camp job - basically teaching people to teach LITs. There were some basic legal assistant jobs (she's doing polisci/legal studies) and I think she had an interview for a marketing job with a small fiberoptics company. The University also hires students to promotethe school and co-op program.

In reality you can find almost anything.
Was this helpful? Yes 0