yconic - *ATTENTION* MAC BHSC UNDERGRAD HERE, WILL ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

*ATTENTION* MAC BHSC UNDERGRAD HERE, WILL ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS

A photo of MYDARKHEALTHSCIFANTASY MYDARKHEALTHSCIFANTASY
marks, essay, EC's, teachers, how nerdy do I have to be to get in, what I have to do to get in, etc. etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of 100kev 100kev

@MYDARKHEALTHSCIFANTASY wrote
marks, essay, EC's, teachers, how nerdy do I have to be to get in, what I have to do to get in, etc. etc.

Overall, how do you like the program so far?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Caillou Caillou
MYDARKHEALTHSCIFANTASY im a big fan, read your posts from last year. Loved it!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Carter14 Carter14
If I had a sub-par supplementary application but my average is around 94/95, do I still have a chance?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cowmanwow Cowmanwow
What do you plan on doing when your done your undergrad? What avrg did you get in with and how much do you spend studying in a week.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of MYDARKHEALTHSCIFANTASY MYDARKHEALTHSCIFANTASY

@100kev wrote

Overall, how do you like the program so far?

Well, kev, the program itself is pretty great. You got a ton of batmans here though. By that I mean, I'm surprised that the morality and ethical characters of my peers are so immaculate, so clean. I mean, none of these guys will even think of cheating. Of course, just like any other university, there are some weasels looking to screw you over, but of course, I didn't get into this program by HARD WORK did I? Those weasels knew who was boss within the first week.

If I had a sub-par supplementary application but my average is around 94/95, do I still have a chance?

Consult your magic 8-ball, I don't think anyone knows the answer to this question except for the university application staff... derp.

What do you plan on doing when your done your undergrad? What avrg did you get in with and how much do you spend studying in a week.

My average was 98.87%, give or take a couple of %. And let's not kid ourselves, health sci is easy as hell once you get in. I mean, I'm going to get serious for a second and tell you that hopefully you've developed your studying habits by grade 12, and as long as you carry that into whatever uni program you go into, you won't have a hard time.

i had all my hard courses in first semester (english bio chem and adv func) and all my bird courses in second sem so my 1st sem final avg is 92.25. WILL they use ONLY my 1st sem marks as the tie breaker and use my second sem midterms just to confirm i'm over 95 AFTER i've been accepted or will they include my second midterms for the tiebreaker

from last year's thread it looks like they just use first sem marks for the tiebreaker :/

bro hopefully you didn't write your supp app like that convoluted mess of a paragraph you just fed to me, because your supp app is really worth a lot.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of JBoy JBoy

How's Inquiry class?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JBoy JBoy
1 more question,

What is one thing that you would like to do if you go back to summer before starting 1st year in BHSc to better prepare?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of shalindrini shalindrini
hey!

just wondering how heavy mac health sciences really is? How many essays should I expect to be writing per week? Also what kind of marks did you get in your first year? (no need to state the specific GPA; saying 'A' or 'B'etc will suffice) and finally if its ok, can you list the courses you had first year? (i'm curious)

thankyou : )

also are the guys in the program good looking? (generally speaking) : )
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of shalindrini shalindrini
also:

how many hours of effort do you put in a night?

and how would you compare waterloo health studies(pre health proffesional program)to mac health sciences? (which one would you say in harder, more work intense and easier to get better marks from?)

thanksss :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0