yconic - Attention Waterloo Software Engineering Applicants
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Attention Waterloo Software Engineering Applicants

A photo of Vingilot Vingilot
How many students does the program take? Seems like there are a lot of us here :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
eInfo says 120 but I think a UW admissions rep at the University Fair said about 100-110.

And I haven't seen many of us here on StudentAwards, but at the UW Open House, the SE presentation was packed :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Vingilot Vingilot
lovely, what's the cutoff from past years again :S?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cometmars cometmars
Waterloo is very strange. I have read forum threads where people with 85% averages get in while people with 90% average get rejected. I know it has to do with AIF but can AIF really affect the decision that much?

Max. 12 points

High effort - 10-12 pts.
Average amount of effort - 6+ pts.

85+10 = 95
90+6 = 96
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
I think the Waterloo site says it can be worth up to 5%, but I've heard that its out of 12 as well. I'm guessing the people with a 90% average must've had a pretty insignificant AIF, while the ones with 85 submitted a stellar one. There's also the high school factor for Ontario students I believe, but there's no definite numbers as to how much that's worth.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aimango aimango

@cometmars wrote
Waterloo is very strange. I have read forum threads where people with 85% averages get in while people with 90% average get rejected. I know it has to do with AIF but can AIF really affect the decision that much?

Max. 12 points

High effort - 10-12 pts.
Average amount of effort - 6+ pts.

85+10 = 95
90+6 = 96

this is correct.
and they do tend to give out more offers than the # actual seats, which is a problem when many people accept! my class had ~135 people in 1A(and it sucked finding seats during lectures in 1st year...)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maelong maelong

@Vingilot wrote
How many students does the program take? Seems like there are a lot of us here :)

what's the difference between comp sci and soft eng?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iRamie iRamie

@maelong wrote

@Vingilot wrote

what's the difference between comp sci and soft eng?

All the info you need is right here
Was this helpful? Yes 0