yconic - Average for entrance scholarships - gr 11 count?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Average for entrance scholarships - gr 11 count?

A photo of firmament104 firmament104
So, first semester of gr 12 brought my average down a bit. I am literally, if I work my ass off, like 2 % away from qualifying for applying to the entrance scholarships. If I include my gr 11 marks though, I am above the average.
So, do gr 11 marks count as part of your average when applying to entrance scholarships?
I didn't think so, but just wanted to make sure.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of heesoup heesoup

@firmament104 wrote
So, first semester of gr 12 brought my average down a bit. I am literally, if I work my ass off, like 2 % away from qualifying for applying to the entrance scholarships. If I include my gr 11 marks though, I am above the average.
So, do gr 11 marks count as part of your average when applying to entrance scholarships?
I didn't think so, but just wanted to make sure.

Entrance scholarships only look at gr 12 course marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of canta93loupe canta93loupe
McGill looks at grade 11 marks for scholarships. Unfortunately. :/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup

@canta93loupe wrote
McGill looks at grade 11 marks for scholarships. Unfortunately. :/

Is it only for the major one?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of smarty1 smarty1
For admission to McGill, they consider top six grade 12 courses (including prereqs).

For scholarships (both entrance and major) at McGill, they average all grade 11 and 12 marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of smarty1 smarty1
Most, if not all, universities however consider top six (including prereqs) for both admission and entrance scholarships.

Laurier, I think, is an exception... they don't include the prereqs for scholarships I think.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of firmament104 firmament104
Hmm. Alright. Thanks guys. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0