yconic - Averages?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Averages?

A photo of alexsloman alexsloman
I know it's still very early and most people are just getting their early acceptances based on grade 11 marks, but what if your marks were not good enough for early acceptance and you are waiting for second semester mid terms?

I know this is a long shot, but am I the only person here who's grade 12 average so far is nowhere near a 85+?
my average is about a 75%. Seriously, what are my chances here?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Ehhh 75 is a little low.. if you can work it up to at LEAST an 80.. you would have a MUCH higher chance.
But if your grades aren't up to par.. do the supplemental applications, if you have good ECs.. they could admit you partially based on that.
Or you could go to night school, if you're from Ontario, to upgrade your courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@alexsloman wrote
I know it's still very early and most people are just getting their early acceptances based on grade 11 marks, but what if your marks were not good enough for early acceptance and you are waiting for second semester mid terms?

I know this is a long shot, but am I the only person here who's grade 12 average so far is nowhere near a 85+?
my average is about a 75%. Seriously, what are my chances here?

I see you have no problem making false conclusions. You'll be a fine journalist.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jumpinletgo jumpinletgo
It really depends on where you're applying to. I wouldn't give up hope yet, 75 isn't horrible. But if you could boost up your marks a little, your chances would increase. Which is always nice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0