yconic - Averages
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Averages

A photo of shehan0905 shehan0905

@shehan0905 wrote
Hi Everyone,

I am a high school student and was wondering how you figure out your core average and overall average? Do you include electives? Please explain.

Thanks!

Im guessing ur talking about high school admission averages.

For example if I apply to McMaster Commerce I need to get my Ontario high school diploma and ENG4U, and two of the three grade 12 university maths.

So say these were ur marks

ENG4U - 80
MDM4U - 90
MCV4U - 87
MHF4U - 85
BAT4M - 88
BBB4M - 92
BOH4M - 91

Out of these marks...english, data management, and calc must be included in the top 6 average.

Then ur next top three marks.

So this would be your top 6

ENG4U - 80
MDM4U - 90
MCV4U - 87
BAT4M - 88
BBB4M - 92
BOH4M - 91
average: 88
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Viking21 Viking21

@shehan0905 wrote
Hi Everyone,

I am a high school student and was wondering how you figure out your core average and overall average? Do you include electives? Please explain.

Thanks!

Im guessing ur talking about high school admission averages.

For example if I apply to McMaster Commerce I need to get my Ontario high school diploma and ENG4U, and two of the three grade 12 university maths.

So say these were ur marks

ENG4U - 80
MDM4U - 90
MCV4U - 87
MHF4U - 85
BAT4M - 88
BBB4M - 92
BOH4M - 91

Out of these marks...english, data management, and calc must be included in the top 6 average.

Then ur next top three marks.

So this would be your top 6

ENG4U - 80
MDM4U - 90
MCV4U - 87
BAT4M - 88
BBB4M - 92
BOH4M - 91
average: 88
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Viking21 Viking21
Yea no problem.

You also have to look at the school's website to find out how they treat repeated or summer school courses. Also some school's will only allow max of two or three M level courses in your top 6. So unless you really have to don't repeat or take summer school courses it gives the university a reason to look down on you.

What program are you looking to apply to?
Was this helpful? Yes 0