yconic - Averages...Courses...Admissions
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Averages...Courses...Admissions

A photo of Joshki Joshki
Now that semester 1 marks are being transferred to OUAC and universities will probs start making early acceptances. What's your average? What are the courses that you'll use in your top 6 calculation? And what program at which university is your first choice?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
24 replies

A photo of Super Super
Admission average: 90.7%
Courses: Advanced Functions, Calculus, Data, Financials, Accounting, English

First choice: Ivey AEO

Good EC's but no chance of early admissions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
Like high 80s. But that's cause 2 of my top 6 are religion courses in which I had little to no interest so I got like 75 in both of them. With just my maths and English, 91.3. I'm taking my mark boosters this semester. Screw early acceptance :D
EDIT: My first choice is either McGill Desautels or Ivey for business. If I decide to do math, it'll probably be Waterloo or McGill. If I decide on engineering, McGill or U of T. I'm more concerned about choosing a field more than anything :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cliffhanger33 cliffhanger33
IB score/~95-96% average (most likely dropped recently)

First choice: Queen's or Ivey

Course considered for admission: All of my IB subjects will be considered for IB Diploma students

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of erudite erudite
Top 6 Avg: 91.0% :S
Courses: english, data, advanced functions, international business, financial securities, accounting, but if e-learning is higher then i might replace accounting or IB
First Choice: Schulich BBA
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki
You can probs read my siggy down there, but my average for 6 completed grade 12 courses is around 95%.
Courses in my top 6: english, advanced functions, data, international business, world history, and international law.
First choice: UBC Sauder :D
well..hopefully i can get in Rotman with early acceptance as well
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NOTHINGNOTHING NOTHINGNOTHING
Top 6 Average:88.2%
Top6 courses: data, calculus, adv function, English, Music, Leadership
First choice: UTSC Coop Management
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BudsFan94 BudsFan94
Depending on this semester, my top 6 average should be around 91-93
Top 6: English, Calculus, Data Management, Business Leadership, Politics and International Business
Top Choices: Queen's, Ivey and Laurier
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4
Avg So far: 95-96%

Courses: bio, chem, adv. func, calc, english, philsophy or french (but my ib diploma goes in- so all my courses will be considered i think)

Top Program: queens or ivey
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92
-business, law, english = 89.3%
-semester 2 courses: calc, data, nutrition
-repeating af
-programs: Schulich BBA, Laurier BBA, UTSC BBA
(:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Viking21 Viking21
English- 86
Advanced Functions- 81
Data Management- 87
Computer Science- 90
Exercise Science- 86

Average: 86 (lol...prolly one of the lowest averages for people on this site)

This semester:

Calculus and Vectors - (should be around 85)
Accounting - (should be around 90)
Communication Tech - (low 90s to mid 90s)

Applying to:

Laurier BBA
Brock Accounting / co-op
UTM commerce

Hopefully get accepted to all of them. They all have their pros and cons.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of madixo madixo
Average (first semester): 97.67%
Courses: calculus, data management, advanced functions, international relations, english, & french
Admission: #1 is Queen's Commerce but I wasn't a Chancellor's Nominee, so I will probably have to wait a long time :( #2 is Ivey, which I've also heard is awesome
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Queenyi Queenyi

@madixo wrote
Courses: calculus, data management, advanced functions, international relations, english, & french
Admission: #1 is Queen's Commerce but I wasn't a Chancellor's Nominee, so I will probably have to wait a long time :( #2 is Ivey, which I've also heard is awesome

omg! what is your method to succeed such high average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Queenyi Queenyi
first semester 87% - ENG4U, MDM4U, MHF4U AND HSB4M

second semester estimating 90%+

first choice: Queen's commerce

my math marks are bring my average down, i only got 82 in data and 80 in function :(

applying to: Queens, schulich iBBA and WLU BBA CO-OP
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
91.4%
risky for iBBA =T
first choice: deciding between waterloo or Queens.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of madixo madixo

@Queenyi wrote

@madixo wrote

Well, it helps that I got a 99 in data and a 97 in calculus... I'm just kind of good at math :P I suggest getting a tutor or looking up online math tutorials!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Super Super

@madixo wrote

@Queenyi wrote

@madixo wrote

Well, it helps that I got a 99 in data and a 97 in calculus... I'm just kind of good at math :P I suggest getting a tutor or looking up online math tutorials!

You surely can't attain a 97.67% with a low 80% in English. (my current dilemma)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of madixo madixo

@Super wrote

@madixo wrote

@Queenyi wrote

@madixo wrote

You surely can't attain a 97.67% with a low 80% in English. (my current dilemma)

You're completely right... I personally do not have a low English mark bur the best piece of advice I can offer to improve your English mark is to always ask your teacher what you can do better and do not have a sense of entitlement :) I've honestly found that, just by asking my English teachers for help, my marks on essays improved significantly. Teachers love students who take the initiative to improve!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555

Sure you can....if you have 8 courses and 100 in 7 of them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Super Super

@Jack555 wrote

Sure you can....if you have 8 courses and 100 in 7 of them.

Most admissions look at only your top 6 marks... and it's highly unlikely that anyone can achieve perfection in 5 university-level prep courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Finance27 Finance27
Top 5 (4 U, 1 M) is 95% atm
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Sanay2k Sanay2k
Can universities send offers of admission based on two final grade 12 marks and 4 mid term marks(which includes night school)? I have night school but I won't get my final mark til May 23rd.Will that be too late for Mcmaster and Laurier??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tslj001 tslj001

@Joshki wrote
Now that semester 1 marks are being transferred to OUAC and universities will probs start making early acceptances. What's your average? What are the courses that you'll use in your top 6 calculation? And what program at which university is your first choice?

Hi! My average is about 86 to 88, do i have chance get into UWO commerce?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Viking23 Viking23
My average is 90.75 with four courses completed:

Advanced Functions - 82
English - 90
Computer Science - 100
Data Management - 91

First Choice: Rotman Commerce
Luckily, Rotman Commerce does not require Advanced Functions to be a part of the top six average.

Second Semester Courses:
Calculus and Vectors
French
Accounting
Was this helpful? Yes 0