yconic - avg. drop
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

avg. drop

A photo of SDHN SDHN
I have heard that health sci at Mac is very hard. Is that true? How much percent did your avg. drop in 1 and subsequent years at Mac as compared to high school?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of ArchEnemy ArchEnemy
Health Sci Program at Mac is well-known to put students through into medical school, or any professional schools for the matter. Some have even gone on to say that grades are inflated in there. If you get in, my advice to you is to just go. Doesn't matter which professional school you are aiming for (Vet, Pharm, Opto etc.), all Canadian Professional schools care about is your GPA. Almost everyone I know have claimed that it is the best decision they made in their lives.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Quiz Quiz
~15-20%
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Chandlerowns Chandlerowns
Health Science at McMaster is a program where it really depends on how much work you put into it. I think that alot of people only drop about 5-10% from my experience. Personally I have a 95% in high school and ended up with around an 89% in uni. However the upper years are harder as I have only completed first year. It's not too bad though, just a different style of learning.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
How do you guys even know your percentage grades? I only get a letter grade at the end, and I guess if I asked my mark on the final exam I could calculate it myself, but I never bother.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CatRunner CatRunner

@ktel wrote
How do you guys even know your percentage grades? I only get a letter grade at the end, and I guess if I asked my mark on the final exam I could calculate it myself, but I never bother.

Some universities give percentage grades. Here at Guelph, we receive both our percentage grade and our letter grade for a course. That percentage grades are nice to have, because an A+ can be anything from a 90 to a 100, and I have both of those on my transcript at the moment (yes, I actually managed to get 100 in one course - not easy, and not typical, but certainly possible).
Was this helpful? Yes 0