yconic - Avogadro's Contest
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Avogadro's Contest

A photo of brady23 brady23
How did you study for this contest if you have written it?

I have looked at the past exams, but they go back all the way down to 1993, so I can't finish them all. Any tips?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of steele steele
Just answer 6.02x10^23 for every question.

Haha, in all seriousness though, I've never heard of this. Is it a math contest?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
It's a chemistry contest from Waterloo :P I'm not sure if they really consider it as much as they consider the Euclid contest but I'm still gonna write it haha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of blurX blurX

@steele wrote
Just answer 6.02x10^23 for every question.

Haha, in all seriousness though, I've never heard of this. Is it a math contest?

I second this:cyclops: ..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of blackjack blackjack
lol I took this last year. you dont' really have to study, maybe memorize the basic equations? I got an XL waterloo shirt out of it. and I got to say I did it on my uni apps :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iRamie iRamie
Im in grade 11, do i do it this year or next year, as long as it impresses waterloo ill do it. Im gunna suck up to them all the way till i get accepted LOL
Was this helpful? Yes 0

bump. Anyone studying for this? How are you studying for this?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Xizeta Xizeta
conversions… easy :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JustWatchedCanucksFail JustWatchedCanucksFail
Honestly easy if you just know chem 11 (BC) thoroughly. On top of that, you might want to go search up some chemistry news (likely graphene). Last year there was a question on Californium? Something like that, I forget.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

How did you guys do?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@brady23 wrote
How did you guys do?

I think I got around 35/40 (I think I got around 4 wrong, and 0.25 off for every wrong answer)
I thought it was easier than last year's
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@iliketurtles wrote

@brady23 wrote
How did you guys do?

I think I got around 35/40 (I think I got around 4 wrong, and 0.25 off for every wrong answer)

That's awesome! Do you know what percentile I would be in if I had a score of 18 or 19/40?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@brady23 wrote

@iliketurtles wrote

@brady23 wrote
How did you guys do?

That's awesome! Do you know what percentile I would be in if I had a score of 18 or 19/40?

I'm not sure...I asked the grade 12's at my school and they said none of them actually knew their actual scores, just their percentile (i.e. __th percentile)
Was this helpful? Yes 0