yconic - BAA vs BA ? - Sheridan and Guelph Humber
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

BAA vs BA ? - Sheridan and Guelph Humber

A photo of KateA47 KateA47
I want to go to University, but I like having options. I live in Oakville, and Sheridan College has a 4 year ECL (early childhood leadership) program, that gives you a bachelor of applied arts. I want to be a teacher, and I know to go to teachers college you need a degree, so is there a difference between a BAA and BA?

Also, I know teachers college is competitive,so will it be hard for me to be considered if I end up going to college instead of university?

And I was recently searching up the Guelph/Humber ECE program, does anyone know any details on it?

Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Ba Ba Blue Ba Ba Blue
Your best bet is to ask the schools directly if they care what you have. As for the Guelph-Humber ECE program, I don't know much about it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of icedogalex icedogalex
The thing is, with the Guelph-Humber Early Childhood Program, you're not getting a straight BA. You're going to get a Bachelor of Applied Science BASc which is from the University of Guelph. The ECE Diploma comes from Humber College. Hence the University of Guelph-Humber.

The thing with the Sheridan ECL program is that its new and not really recognized. Is it applicable to teacher's college? Absolutely.

In general, I have been told that unless you ABSOLUTELY have to go to college, go to university. In my own experience, I have applied to both.

The thing is that once you get the opportunity to apply to teachers college, this is where you need the post-secondary degree...regardless of 3+ years of college or a university degree. It's really up to the teachers colleges you're considering because they are competitive.

Best of luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KateA47 KateA47
Thanks for the help!! You have applied to basically all of my top choices, congratz on the acceptances
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of icedogalex icedogalex
Not a problem. If any other questions come up, feel free to PM me. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of amlan amlan
I think in order to secure a job skills are the most...degrees take u only at a level where that makes u eligible...

There is an excellent Institute providing fast track Business Analyst, CBAP and Quality Assurance courses along with Course Materials, Virtual Machine, Softwares, Resume & Interview skills prep, On-job support and placement services...these guys r awesomely professional..free demo sessions...

I did my training from them last year and am currently working as a BA

www.mcomtraining.com

plus these guys charge only 750 - 850 CAD
Was this helpful? Yes 0