yconic - Bachelor of Technology VS Bachelor of Engineering- McMaster University
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Bachelor of Technology VS Bachelor of Engineering- McMaster University

A photo of MrHighTech MrHighTech
Hi guys,

What is the difference between bachelors of technology vs bachelors of engineering? Job prospects? Future? Whats the better one? Bachelors of Technology offers a degree from McMaster as well as a diploma from Mohawk college. Is this good? Thanks for your time y'all :)

Also, on a side note I have a average of 80.0 on the dot, will I get accepted to Western Engineering?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of iRamie iRamie
Bachelors of Engineering i think expands your oppertunities in the future.
If you get a general BEng:
1) You are an engineer (Not a professional one yet LOL you need to get PEO)
2) You have a vast field of oppertunities (You can switch to another form of engineering(mechanical, software), etc..

If you get BTech i think its more technology based and it limits you to stuff technology related. For example if you want to do some Chemical engineering later, it might be harder for you.

Im not completely sure if what i posted is accurate but thast what i think :\
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MrHighTech MrHighTech
Yeah bruh, makes sense thanks.
But what kind of jobs would I be able to get?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iRamie iRamie

@MrHighTech wrote

BTech you can get jobs because the technological industry is booming.

If your looking for professionalism and a stable career, you should do Engineering.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inyoface inyoface

@iRamie wrote

@MrHighTech wrote

BTech you can get jobs because the technological industry is booming.

If your looking for professionalism and a stable career, you should do Engineering.

This sounds about right. I suspect BTech would get you IT jobs. A good example of this can be found in an electrical utility where:
A system operator would be someone with a degree similar to BTech, and would be doing grid-level dispatches
An electrical engineer would be someone with a BASc, and would be doing things ranging from grid design to equipment analysis.
Was this helpful? Yes 0