yconic - Bachelor of Technology
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Bachelor of Technology

A photo of Pikaboo Pikaboo
Hi, I recently just got an alternate offer to McMaster's BTech program instead of Engineering I.
My questions are:

What are the differences between BTech and Engineering I?
Since it's a co-op program, what year does co-op start?
Is the program good or so-so?

Thanks :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies
A photo of inyoface inyoface
I can't tell you anything about BTech but I can tell you what an engineering degree means.
In Canada in order to work as an engineer you must have an engineering degree, namely a Bachelors of Applied Science (abbrevaited BASc) degree.
After you complete you engineering degree you must then go through a examination process which tests, among other things, your basic knowledge and commitment to ethics. Then after the examination and some years of working under a licensed engineering, you receive the title of Professional Engineer (abbreviated PEng).
This title is a professional title, and the self-managing PEng Canada is responsible for making sure that no person without a PEng title falsely claims to be an engineer.
Many engineering jobs on the market requires that you are a licensed engineer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BillieJackson BillieJackson
Was this helpful? Yes 0