yconic - Bad Advance Function Mark (UTM)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Bad Advance Function Mark (UTM)

A photo of Kamil94 Kamil94
I ended up with a 67% in advance functions and i really want to get into UTM. The bad thing is that UTM requires min 70% and will prefer students who have finished the course the first try... im wondering if i should repeat Adv functions next semester..? or will UTM still consider me? with a 67% in adv functions. I almost know i will do well in all my other courses and probably maintain a mid 80 average.. so any one know if UTM will consider me on my terrible mark?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
I think you have a better chance in retaking it, and being considered even though they say they have a higher preference for those who did it on first try, than you do with your current mark.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki
sorry dude, i think ur chance of being accepted by utm is kinda slim due to ur weak functions mark.. you can defs retake it, but i doubt utm would use it in ur average calculations since it states that particular attention is paid to prerequisites.. maybe talk to ur teacher and ask see if s/he can bump it up a little bit..it might work, cuz i did it all the time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of miisstina miisstina

@Kamil94 wrote
I ended up with a 67% in advance functions and i really want to get into UTM. The bad thing is that UTM requires min 70% and will prefer students who have finished the course the first try... im wondering if i should repeat Adv functions next semester..? or will UTM still consider me? with a 67% in adv functions. I almost know i will do well in all my other courses and probably maintain a mid 80 average.. so any one know if UTM will consider me on my terrible mark?

Hey, when I applied to UTM last year I had a calculus mark of 67% as well. As long as your overall average is in the high 80s with that mark you will be fine because i got in last year with an average of 89 percent (this includes my calculus mark). However i decided to stay back a semester and repeat Calculus.
So try your darndest to bring up your marks next semester.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dagg dagg
i got a 77, do you think bmos or mac will still accept me? overall avg is 84%
Was this helpful? Yes 0