yconic - BAT3U0 and BAT4U0
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

BAT3U0 and BAT4U0

A photo of heyppl123 heyppl123
how useful are these courses if i plan on attending university programs like Schulich BBA, Ivey HBA, Rotman com, AFM, etc? I know some of these programs require students to take accounting within their first 2 years. How well and how fast will they cover high school accounting?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
If you're keen on entering business, I'd say that they're extremely helpful in helping you understand first year material. Even if you don't want to go into accounting, you learn a LOT of business fundamentals in the course. You'll find that a lot of people took high school accounting in grade twelve, so you might be at a disadvantage in comparison to the other first year students.

They do cover high school accounting pretty quickly, which can be a rough transition if you have no prior experience. I would recommend taking both of those courses, especially AFM. I don't see how you could be so motivated to enter a specialized accounting program without taking a high school accounting course.
Was this helpful? Yes 0