yconic - BBA Programs by the GTA
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

BBA Programs by the GTA

A photo of kb24gunner101 kb24gunner101
What are some good BBA programs in or around the GTA with co-op? I am most likely going to do accounting but I'm not sure. I've heard Queen's is amazing for finance, but I'm not sure about finance and I doubt I will get in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of g93 g93

@kb24gunner101 wrote
What are some good BBA programs in or around the GTA with co-op? I am most likely going to do accounting but I'm not sure. I've heard Queen's is amazing for finance, but I'm not sure about finance and I doubt I will get in.

In no particular order:

UofT (Rotman, UTM, UTSC) - some have co-op, some have year-long internships
Queen's Commerce - summer internship opportunities
Waterloo AFM - co-op
Schulich BBA - summer internship opportunities
Western/Ivey - summer internship opportunities
Laurier BBA - co-op
Mcmaster Commerce - year-long internships
Brock BAcc - co-op

It's quite possible that I'm missing a really obvious one, but that's all I can think of.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kb24gunner101 kb24gunner101
Laurier BBA co-op is not guaranteed right? If I do a double degree at Laurier where co-op is guaranteed, I can't specialize in accounting right?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@kb24gunner101 wrote
Laurier BBA co-op is not guaranteed right? If I do a double degree at Laurier where co-op is guaranteed, I can't specialize in accounting right?

That is correct, you must apply for entry into the co-op program prior to second year. However, it's not as if you're going to land a top co-op job at one school and fail to get into co-op at Laurier.

You can specialize in accounting in the DD.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nick0rz Nick0rz

@g93 wrote

@kb24gunner101 wrote

It's quite possible that I'm missing a really obvious one, but that's all I can think of.

Ryerson with Co-op.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Alexandra5 Alexandra5
There's UTSC Co-op Management. I'm a first year student in the program, and as long as you get into the co-op program straight from high school, you're guaranteed entry into the co-op program (as long as you keep your marks above 75 in high school when you get accepted and your GPA above 2.5 in the program). I'm looking to start my first work term in September.
Was this helpful? Yes 0