yconic - BBA/bMath Supplmentary? [laurier side]
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

BBA/bMath Supplmentary? [laurier side]

A photo of AverageStudent AverageStudent
Hi all, new here and was just wondering if laurier requires a supplmentary for double degree with wloo bmath/bba.

I've looked at the website for waterloo and they have mandatory AIFs that aren't going to be posted until mid january... but I can't find any information on a mandatory supplementary for laurier's side.

Does this mean that the ABS form is optional for laurier, and that theres no mandatory supplementary for laurier's side of DD?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of noxx98 noxx98
http://www.wlu.ca/page.php?grp_id=2256&p=17881
The ABS is here. It is optional.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Oh I see... ok thanks!

And also, since your signature says you're in the double degree CS program, do you know how Laurier does their admissions if you have more than one program applied? I read somewhere that you have to put a priority on them...I'm applying to both double degree programs with Wloo and the honours BBA, so I'm worried they might look at admissions for each program differently. Are the priority of the programs determined through OUAC? or do I have to tell them my rankings separately?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noxx98 noxx98

@AverageStudent wrote
Oh I see... ok thanks!

And also, since your signature says you're in the double degree CS program, do you know how Laurier does their admissions if you have more than one program applied? I read somewhere that you have to put a priority on them...I'm applying to both double degree programs with Wloo and the honours BBA, so I'm worried they might look at admissions for each program differently. Are the priority of the programs determined through OUAC? or do I have to tell them my rankings separately?

Don't apply to BBA. If they reject you for DD, they will automatically look at you for BBA. If you're accepted to your first choice, they won't look at your second. If you're accepted to DD, you can just ask them to transfer you to BBA before school starts.

You rank it on OUAC. Additionally, they will not use your ABS for your second choice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Sorry I'm still a bit confused...
So does this mean that I can't apply to BBA if I'm also applying for BBA/BCS and BBA/BMATH? I was hoping to have BBA/BMATH first, BBA/BCS second, and then if I can't get into either, I wanted to make sure i still had honours BBA open.

I shouldn't apply to BBA because it would affect my double degree admissions, for both cs and math?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xxMoonCakezxx xxMoonCakezxx
BBA is an alternate offer to the DD. Why waste money on a BBA app if you know you'd get that if you do not get into the DD?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noxx98 noxx98

@AverageStudent wrote
Sorry I'm still a bit confused...
So does this mean that I can't apply to BBA if I'm also applying for BBA/BCS and BBA/BMATH? I was hoping to have BBA/BMATH first, BBA/BCS second, and then if I can't get into either, I wanted to make sure i still had honours BBA open.

I shouldn't apply to BBA because it would affect my double degree admissions, for both cs and math?

If you're rejected from DD, they automatically look at you for the BBA.
IMO, applying to both DD's is useless since if you arent accepted to the one you won't be accepted to the next one most likely, as the requirements are the same and your ABS will only be looked at for your first choice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0