yconic - BC provincial results?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

BC provincial results?

A photo of JSmith JSmith
Anyone know when they get released?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
They usually come out between 2 weeks to a month after your write them.
Just keep checking back on your BC education thing that has your unofficial transcript on it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
What's everyone waiting for?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Lol
BC high schools have optional "provincial exams" that students can take worth 40% of their final grade.
The only one not optional is the English 12 provincial.
If it increases your mark, BC universities will take the blended mark.
On the other hand, if it decreases your mark, BC universities will not even look at the provincial and only consider your school mark..
So it's an excellent opportunity for BC students to raise their marks since it won't hurt if it decreases their mark.. unless they plan to study outside the province for post-secondary.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@cyynthiia wrote
On the other hand, if it decreases your mark, BC universities will not even look at the provincial and only consider your school mark..
So it's an excellent opportunity for BC students to raise their marks since it won't hurt if it decreases their mark.. unless they plan to study outside the province for post-secondary.

My counselor said they still see your provincial mark even if they only use your school mark. So if you're not a good student and don't plan on studying a lot for a provincial, then it's not worth it, because if you bomb it it could jeopardize your acceptance. A C/F never looks good if it's to a school like UBC.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of andrewk512 andrewk512
English ones are being marked this week...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Zion wrote
My counselor said they still see your provincial mark even if they only use your school mark. So if you're not a good student and don't plan on studying a lot for a provincial, then it's not worth it, because if you bomb it it could jeopardize your acceptance. A C/F never looks good if it's to a school like UBC.

Yep that's definitely true.
They'd probably still take someone who got an A on the provincial but still ends up with a low A rather than someone who gets a C and ends up with a mid A.
But either way, I'm not going to take them.. Don't plan on staying here for university, can't jeopardize my grades!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@cyynthiia wrote

@Zion wrote

Yep that's definitely true.
They'd probably still take someone who got an A on the provincial but still ends up with a low A rather than someone who gets a C and ends up with a mid A.
But either way, I'm not going to take them.. Don't plan on staying here for university, can't jeopardize my grades!

Yeah, I'm not taking them either. It seems like a lot of effort/risk for (a shot at) $1000.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Lol I'm taking em. Nothing to lose now.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of theboydetective theboydetective
I'm trying to send my transcript to UofT before the provincial exam marks come out. Hahaha... I'm sure they have some way of finding out your final blended mark, though, anyway. (¬_¬)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
Bio is being marked next weekend, from what I've been told.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@theboydetective wrote
I'm trying to send my transcript to UofT before the provincial exam marks come out. Hahaha... I'm sure they have some way of finding out your final blended mark, though, anyway. (¬_¬)

Lol they will, you have to send them your final transcript anyhow, so you can run.. but you can't hide!
Was this helpful? Yes 0