yconic - bc student admission vs. everyone else
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

bc student admission vs. everyone else

A photo of jfortaleza jfortaleza
I have heard that for students in BC have to only submit their top 4 marks but all I ever hear around here is top 6, top 6, top 6. Also, If I apply to university in Ontario using ouac, Is it still top 4 for us BC students?

A completely unrelated question here but I've heard that getting in to one of UofT's campuses is as easy as getting in to a community college. Does anybody know which campus that is? I think it was St. George but I could be wrong.

Thanks for all the help and feedback
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
I'm assuming you're from BC? I think when I applied for east coast schools, it was top 5.. definitely not top 6, but I don't think it was top 4 either. Top 6 is only for students applying from Ontario.

As for your other question, UTM (Mississauga) and UTSC (Scarborough) are generally easier to get into, but I don't think UTSG is any harder. What program are you applying for? I got into UTSG with a not-so-high average so I don't think it'll be too hard compared to the other two campuses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sabrinachiu sabrinachiu

I have heard that for students in BC have to only submit their top 4 marks but all I ever hear around here is top 6, top 6, top 6. Also, If I apply to university in Ontario using ouac, Is it still top 4 for us BC students?

I'm from BC too and its not the top 4. You need 4 approved grade 12 courses. Most of the approved grade 12 courses are the same for universities, but you should still check they're website to make sure that the courses you have are approved.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
^ Well yes, I already assumed the OP was referring to provincially examinable courses or whatever you guys call them nowadays since they took out the provincials.
It's different for McGill though.. they allow you to include one course that's not provincially examinable in your top 4 or 5.
Was this helpful? Yes 0