yconic - BC!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

BC!

A photo of firmament104 firmament104
Anyone? :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
32 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of ah10by ah10by
Applying (:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AM AM
Yes! Born and raised. Applying all over BC
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ ah10by - Where to?

BC is beautiful. BEST province haha. I read something recently..apparently we have 3 top-rated universities (globally) in the top 200.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
I've lived in BC for the past 12 years and it's nice, but I want a change.

Also, while SFU and UVic are good schools, hardly anyone outside of BC has really heard of them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of emilyclairerose emilyclairerose
I'm for BC!
If you want to start small it is a good idea to start at UBCO and then transfer to UBC the year after! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Totally. For my first year I plan to go to UVic because I want to experiment in different subject areas. Then, if I find that I'm really interested in something specific, I may transfer to a larger, more well known school like UBC or SFU. That being said, if I stayed at UVic for 4 years I'd be fine with that.
UBCO is supposed to be decent.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
Planning to go to UBC
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
WOOOHOOO for BC :)
Born and raised in Vancouver!
I think a lot of locals' dream is to attend UBC, but I've heard it's one of the hardest universities to get into nationally.
Its admission averages have sky-rocketed over the last few years. I remember back in elementary when it took only around 80% to get in, now we're looking at high 80's to low 90's, it's ridiculous.. but definitely worth it!
One of the most beautiful cities in the world. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
I really wish UBC was in downtown Van.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of purpledog purpledog

@Zion wrote
I really wish UBC was in downtown Van.

Haha ya that would be pretty cool, but at the same time I like how UBC is all by itself, as a "municipality" independent of Vancouver. However, that does cause some problems, as I've been told...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LacyW LacyW
BC, is DEFINITLY the place to be!! Currently going to the Art Institute and it is so fantastic! Great education, and a Bonus to be in "Beautiful British Columbia." :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of mcxpedition mcxpedition
was going to go to UBC or Art Institute but I don't think I could get used to their gloomy weather
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@mcxpedition wrote
was going to go to UBC or Art Institute but I don't think I could get used to their gloomy weather

It's not so bad after a while. :)
We have sunny periods and it doesn't rain ALLL DAYYYY everydayyy..
it's usually just a few hours that it rains.. then stops..
All you need is a study umbrella and a nice warm jacket.
:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
The summers are really nice here, but 8 months of rain is pretty depressing. I prefer snow. :bball:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Lilac Lilac
The weather is crazy in B.C. right now. We have a huge amount of snow some mornings, and then it's gone by the evenings. Drivers in Vancouver are not prepared for any amount of snow either. Almost 1/5 of cars have damage due to collisions with other cars due to snow or ice on the roads.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Lilac Lilac
I can't think of another place to live better than B.C. I have been to the U.S. and the Philippines. By far, we have the best weather, air, water, beaches, mountains, trees, and everything else under the sun. I especially love our sunsets and sunrises.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I have been in BC for the last 10 years, and although BC is a spectacular place, I want to go to a different province for undergrad. I want to explore outside of BC and then decide.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
BC is beautiful; there's no denying that, but I can think of many places that have better weather, water, beaches, trees, and air (I guess...) than BC. Actually, the only place that stands out in my mind as having particularly good air is not far from BC: Moraine Lake, near Lake Louise, Alberta. The air is quite thin because you're at a pretty high elevation, and you're surrounded by pines, so it smells like pure Christmas trees.

Even though Vancouver and Victoria get all the attention out East, I actually prefer the Okanagan and the Kootenays to the Lower Mainland/Island (though I should say that I've never been to the Island).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@kevinfan wrote
I have been in BC for the last 10 years, and although BC is a spectacular place, I want to go to a different province for undergrad. I want to explore outside of BC and then decide.

Amen.
:bball:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of manna manna
Applied to Uvic and SFU
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly
Applied to UBC. If I go, I'll be living off-campus somewhere in Kits.
UBC is sort of a commuter school and the vibe really isn't there for me, but I applied to appease my parents so all's good.
Was this helpful? Yes 0