yconic - Be Brutally Honest
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Be Brutally Honest

A photo of PierreElliotTrudeau PierreElliotTrudeau
Marks:
Advanced Functions: 93
Calculus and Vectors: 93
English: 75
Economics: 98
Chemistry: 91
Physics: 69

Will I get into Electrical Engineering at Waterloo or Toronto unis?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
14 replies

A photo of aimango aimango
Dude please calculate your avg .. and the 69 is questionable since the bare minimum for prereqs on Waterloo eng is 70. IDK about UofT. Even if you get in, good luck with passing 1st year physics.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
All your marks are GREAT, except for physics.
If you don't get in, which you might not because of that 69, I really suggest that you retake it in summer school and reapply in the spring.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cuiter23 Cuiter23

@shirlx wrote
If you don't get in, which you might not because of that 69, I really suggest that you retake it in summer school and reapply in the spring.

++++++++
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@aimango wrote
Dude please calculate your avg .. and the 69 is questionable since the bare minimum for prereqs on Waterloo eng is 70. IDK about UofT. Even if you get in, good luck with passing 1st year physics.

86.5% average. I slacked off in my physics class lmfao, didn't realize I would be applying for engineering schools. I wanted to re-take it durin summer school, but was too lazy and now it's biting me in the ass.

@shirlx wrote

Spring of next year??
......I mean the difference between 70 and 69 is just 1.....Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@PierreElliotTrudeau wrote

@aimango wrote

86.5% average. I slacked off in my physics class lmfao, didn't realize I would be applying for engineering schools. I wanted to re-take it durin summer school, but was too lazy and now it's biting me in the ass.

@shirlx wrote

Spring of next year??
......I mean the difference between 70 and 69 is just 1.....Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

see if you can get your teacher to give you a 1 percent raise.
It's a bit late tho, the marks are already in and you'd have to do it fast and get the change done before they make their decisions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

yeah definitely talk to your teacher about that. actually, your teacher is kind of an bleep for giving you that mark, because most gr 12 teachers know 70 is a min requirement for a lot of programs. i still think youre a little borderline, even though they accept a lotta EEs, the competition varies each year.

good luck tho.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MYDARKHEALTHSCIFANTASY MYDARKHEALTHSCIFANTASY
Brutally honest reply: It' be iffy whether you're getting into EE even if you didn't have that sub-70 mark

an 86.5 is nowhere near a guarantee to get into EE
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeah, should've taken physics more seriously.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@MYDARKHEALTHSCIFANTASY wrote
Brutally honest reply: It' be iffy whether you're getting into EE even if you didn't have that sub-70 mark

Zohmygoodness
you stopped trolling? knew u were cool

anyways, this person got in UW CE with an 83 and amazing AIF, so yah, you're wrong.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MYDARKHEALTHSCIFANTASY MYDARKHEALTHSCIFANTASY

@shirlx wrote

@MYDARKHEALTHSCIFANTASY wrote

Zohmygoodness
you stopped trolling? knew u were cool

anyways, this person got in UW CE with an 83 and amazing AIF, so yah, you're wrong.

even a blind squirrel gets a nut sometimes

I'm just giving him the brutally honest, no nonsense reply he wanted

Even if his physics wasn't sub-70, and he had an 86.5 average he'd still probably be waiting in quiet panic for his acceptance
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Esnoyt Esnoyt
Physics sub-70 kills it.

Average for toronto is also only 84.2...

kills it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rawrawraw rawrawraw
to be brutally honest, you probably will be weeded out by a computer system before a human even sees it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^ well i wouldnt say that. I know a guy who got into my program with a 82 avg because he had good ECs such as work exp. (but he later failed 1st term lmao) So it all depends on how hard you work when you come here.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pepper pepper
your english mark isn't that great either
Was this helpful? Yes 0