yconic - Bed Bugs
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Bed Bugs

A photo of manna manna
So I keep hearing things about bed bug matress protectors so I checked them out and they can cost quite a bit. Is it worth it to buy one or is it just a money scam? They don't seem very useful unless you have bed bugs since all that stuff is supposed to be drowned in chemicals or thrown out, or so I thought.

Any thoughts on that? Advice? Does anyone know how to keep them out?

Also, could anyone give me an idea on how bad bed bugs are in Victoria?

Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of KilgoreTrout KilgoreTrout
Don't waste money on stuff like that. University residences do a great job at keeping bed bugs out of the buildings, so there is no need for such a silly item (that may or may not even work.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of manna manna
I didn't think so either, but being that I have never heard of a bed bug issue where I'm from I wasn't sure what precautionary measures to take. Apparently they're quite difficult to get rid of and it isn't common nor unheard of at Uvic...

Thank you
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
There are bed bug issues pretty much in every city. There's not a whole lot you can do other than avoid sleeping at places you think might have bed bugs, as they will travel to your home on your belongings.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of StudentAtStPats StudentAtStPats
Really all you need to do is wash your sheets :/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
In super hot water. It's a little bit more complicated than that if you have an infestation:

http://www.toronto.ca/health/bedbugs/bedbugs_factsheet.htm
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Tip #1:

@StudentAtStPats wrote
Really all you need to do is wash your sheets :/

+1
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of superstar2011 superstar2011
If there ever is a case, it's important to report it ASAP. Make sure someone takes control of the issue.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of manna manna
Thank you!
Was this helpful? Yes 0