yconic - Being Yourself
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Being Yourself

A photo of Beach244 Beach244
Being yourself in a world that is completely engulfed in the fact that you have to be someone else to be sucessful is the biggest joke. Dying your hair, changing your attitude to get people to like you... how ridiculous ! Be yourself add some spice into this world, we dont need another cookie cutter shape, its the ones that dare to stand out and stand up that make this world go round!
So I challenge you be yourself, forget about your flaws and seriously people have some fun!!!:bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
20 replies

A photo of Zion Zion
http://knowyourmeme.com/system/icons/2526/original/99problems.jpg?1279688322
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Haha. That picture loaded really slowly on my comp, so it turned out perfectly.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leviaidan leviaidan

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote
Haha. That picture loaded really slowly on my comp, so it turned out perfectly.

I bet a lot of things on your comp load up slowly.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
What the..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
uhh...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
lolwut?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

OK
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xxMoonCakezxx xxMoonCakezxx
Yeah, or you could be poseur chic.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pilot pilot
no one likes a fake, so don't be one. there is more to life than trying to please others and giving up your time, energy and identity... that is the essence of insecurity.

fighting against that?

just let go as hard as it might be, but in the end, its far more worth it than you will ever know right now in this moment... only time will show you what you're meant to see.

it is through trials that we grow.
it is through pain that we begin to heal.

and no im not quoting from anything.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fallonb1 fallonb1
celebrate change and differences :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of StyleAndClass StyleAndClass
I totally agree with being yourself. Someone said that life is for living, so why not live it, and what better way to live it than by being yourself?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Who you are depends on what you have experienced and how you are treated. Eg. if someone says that you are outgoing (and it may/may not be true) you will begin to look at yourself as a more outgoing person, and I bet a month later you will act more extroverted.

So when people preach about being yourself, I don't think anyone disagrees. The problem, however, is that we change according to our environment. Our actual personalities are blurred. When you think: I am this and I am that, on a second thought aren't all those attributes given to you by other's? And I am certain that no one enters high school and leaves it with the exact same image of who they are...

So why try to hold on to and express something that really isn't yours?

Apart from that I guess I agree.. Be yourself to whatever extent you can. :compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken

@Strive wrote
Who you are depends on what you have experienced and how you are treated. Eg. if someone says that you are outgoing (and it may/may not be true) you will begin to look at yourself as a more outgoing person, and I bet a month later you will act more extroverted.

actually, if someone told me I was outgoing, I would ask them what they were smoking.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of gigzak gigzak
Sometimes you gotta be fake to find your self, and other times people just judge you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Imagine Imagine

@Strive wrote

I disagree with this. Who you are can't be completely changed by what other people say. Maybe in that situation the person would become outgoing for a while. But as soon as they met anyone new they'd go back to being the more introverted person that they used to be. Just because someone tells me I'm funny doesn't mean I'm going to become a great comedian.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Buttoncakes Buttoncakes
Know yourself, be yourself, love yourself and never allow anyone to tell you to be anything else.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of adriennedunbar adriennedunbar

@StyleAndClass wrote
I totally agree with being yourself. Someone said that life is for living, so why not live it, and what better way to live it than by being yourself?

I completely agree.. why waste time on this earth being unhappy pretending to be something you're not just so you fit in..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of michelles michelles
:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mackness mackness
I think that to be yourself is actually quite complicated. People always tell me what they think of me; they have been doing that all my life. I guess depending on your personality you can take those words and form your life around them or you can reject those views. For the longest time I would act how everyone thought I should. I became a product of other people's ideas. But I too soon realized that I was no longer living my life for mayself, but for everyone else. Being yourself is not always easy, especially when you have lost sight of that person. It can be hard to push away all the external influences, but it can be done.:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kellsey kellsey
i like being myself :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0