yconic - Benefits of Exercise Science?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Benefits of Exercise Science?

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I originally had bio that that first slot, but then I wanted to switch out of French so my schedule got rearranged, so now I'm in exercise science. I know you focus on anatomy in a way (which I find ridiculous, because I might be learning it in bio too). But my main turn off is the apparent focus on sports in a way?

I dunno, but I just want to know the possible benefits for me in this class, and what courses I can possibly take in university that may serve useful in particular fields.

~Thanks in advance!~ :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of safarhealthsci1 safarhealthsci1
I know the whole Exercise Science name s a turn off, but I honestly am finding this course very instresting. Maybe its my teacher and the way he teaches is but it is so relevant to daily life. We started with Anatomy-skeletal, muscular, respiratory. Then biomechanics (physcis of human movement) and now learning about nutrition and motor learning (how kids learn and going in depth with nutrition by analyzing lipids, protens, carbs. etc.)

We do have reference to sport in most of them but we make that connection near the end of the unit, after learning the anatomy and physiology. I honestly even find that intresting, it is a scientific view of human exercise and action. In the Circulatory system we learned about the system in general, different diseases and the "sport" part came in when we starting cardia disease. We disscussed how diseases such as arteriosclerosis and others can develop and how exersice helps slow the development. For example, exercise decreases vasocontriction thus lowering blood pressure and the narrowing of arteries. This prevents blockage in important parts of the human body suh as the brain, heart, etc.

It is more of a "exercise" reference rather than a "sport" reference.

In university this might come in useful in bio courses, or anatomy course. If you are going into Kinesiology even better. This course is called kinesiology at my school. I have a friend who took this course 3 years ago, and is now applying to med school, (he did kinesiology in university also)

Careers paths with kinesiology can included using it as a pre-med, or pre-grad, physiotherapy, sport therapy, rehabilitation from motor neuron or other paralyzing disease (if possible), etc.

Honestly I find this course to be very interesting, I'm a wanna be doctor, med school is my goal.

Hope that helped :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0