yconic - Best accounting program, ottawa or brock (both co-op)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Best accounting program, ottawa or brock (both co-op)

A photo of xshaddowsinx xshaddowsinx
Since I probably won't make it to waterloo afm, i was wondering which was better, the accounting program at brock or ottawa? btw I got accepted to co-op for both.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of g93 g93
Brock BAcc > UOttawa

UOttawa > Brock BBA

If you want to become a CA, which so many do that I am assuming that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kiddinaround kiddinaround
Brock Accounting Co-op is better than Ottawa

http://www.studentawards.com/Forum.aspx?g=posts&t=5008
Was this helpful? Yes 0

thanks. well, i was only considering ottawa mainly because it was closer to government places so i figured co-op might be easier and at least there i know one person going; at brock i don't know anyone. anyway, i saw that ottawa said that in order to get co-op you need like 8.0 cgpa. i couldn't find an approximate percentage for this, so i was wodnering if someone could help me with that. also, for the brock program is it like guranteed to get the co-op or is it based on the first year uni marks too and if so, what mark do you need?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@xshaddowsinx wrote
thanks. well, i was only considering ottawa mainly because it was closer to government places so i figured co-op might be easier and at least there i know one person going; at brock i don't know anyone. anyway, i saw that ottawa said that in order to get co-op you need like 8.0 cgpa. i couldn't find an approximate percentage for this, so i was wodnering if someone could help me with that. also, for the brock program is it like guranteed to get the co-op or is it based on the first year uni marks too and if so, what mark do you need?

I think there is a minimum CGPA you need to keep (6 or 6.5 maybe? I don't remember, kiddinaround can answer that) to stay in the co-op program at Brock. Co-op is "guaranteed" other than this minimum average, but that does not mean you will get a co-op placement. Only 38% of people get jobs, or something like that.

As for GPA, http://careers.mcmaster.ca/students/education-planning/virtual-resources/gpa-conversion-chart
Was this helpful? Yes 0

ye ottawa was 6, i misread and which one did you say was 38% co-op, ottawa or brock or like both?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@xshaddowsinx wrote
ye ottawa was 6, i misread and which one did you say was 38% co-op, ottawa or brock or like both?

The entire first part was Brock. 6, 6.5 or 7 ring bells for the minimum CGPA, or maybe I am pulling numbers from thin air. It will be on their website. The 38% was told to me my a Brock student.
Was this helpful? Yes 0