yconic - Best Business school?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Best Business school?

A photo of tash22 tash22
Which uni is best? I know it depends on alot, but opinions would be great.

I've applied to many, but I've narrowed down my choices to Schulich, Laurier/Waterloo BBA/Bmath and Rotman(pending my acceptance).

At this moment, I think I want to go into finance and economics, but that is not set in stone. Maybe accounting. I'm not really sure which school has the best career center for both, especially finance, since Schulich and Rotman don't offer coop.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of g93 g93
They're all pretty close, with Rotman maybe being a little behind the other two. I would recommend thinking about which campus/school you will like better. If you really want co-op, go to WLU/UW.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
It should come down to Schulich vs Double Degree.

Rotman undergrad simply is a subpar business program in my opinion... I think that's shared across the forum.

Now I think the WLU BBA and the Schulich's BBA program are really similar so you have to ask yourself if you want to do the Waterloo Math or not.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@immaculatedx wrote
It should come down to Schulich vs Double Degree.

Rotman undergrad simply is a subpar business program in my opinion... I think that's shared across the forum.

Now I think the WLU BBA and the Schulich's BBA program are really similar so you have to ask yourself if you want to do the Waterloo Math or not.

Yep.

3 factors: UW Math, co-op, and campus/environment.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tash22 tash22
Thanks guys, I've looked at all these factors and that is how I ruled out Queens. But I cant decide btw the others. Does anyone know about their career centers, since finance is not the easiest field to get jobs in?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jeffhe Jeffhe
You ruled out Queens....

How did you manage to do that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^lol ikr ... that's weird. QC is better for finance compared to all of those.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tash22 tash22
Queens is a great school, no doubt, but when I went there to take a tour and look around, I hated it. The environment there was NOT for me and I knew it. Even though its arguably the best business school in Canada, I would hate spending four years there~hence why I ruled it out.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@tash22 wrote
Queens is a great school, no doubt, but when I went there to take a tour and look around, I hated it. The environment there was NOT for me and I knew it. Even though its arguably the best business school in Canada, I would hate spending four years there~hence why I ruled it out.

Fair enough.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sali4 sali4
OP your right, it really depends on a lot of aspects and you cant really say this one is the best school. Keep your factors in mind. Like for me, I want international recognition cause I wanna go abroad, so it comes down to Mcgill, UofT and UBC. UBC does not get as much credit as they should BTW. Secondly, I want a decent environment, not a party school, somewhat both and a diverse student force, also preferably small classrooms and individual teacher attention, which adds Wilfrid in the pool too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0