yconic - Best Business school option for myself?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Best Business school option for myself?

A photo of elite1basket elite1basket
Hello Everyone,

I am looking to pursue a business degree and have had a rather poor academic standing. I am 20 years old and am currently a college student at St. Lawrence College and will be coming out with about an 80% average. The failure is completely due to procrastination and laziness and not intellectual ability. I have really despised the college culture, largely due to it's lack of anything interesting or stimulating. I find it a really boring environment. This past year I have been living down the street from Queens with Queens students and it has really been eye opening, and motivating experience. Life altering in other words.

What I am looking to do is get accepted to the best business program I can get accepted to, anywhere in Ontario. My best options I have seen so far are Westerns BMos and Ryerson's BComm programs. I would like to pursue a higher level of education but I am positive I have no chance of acceptance any of the top tier school like Queens, Ivey, Mac, Schullich etc. I'm just looking to get the best education I can get considering my circumstances.

Any comments, criticism, or whatever feel free! Thanks :)

Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of Nick0rz Nick0rz
Id recommend contacting the schools individually and seeing which offer some kind of transfer program for college students. I THINK Laurier offers something like that, but I'd check it out.

Also, don't doubt yourself with Mac, or maybe Ivey. You could potentially do 2 years at another uni then transfer to Ivey? No idea, although you'd be graduating at 24 which might not be what you want to do.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DayOnBay DayOnBay
Why not apply to the Queen's Commerce program across the street?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nick0rz Nick0rz

@DayOnBay wrote

Im guessing because his HS grades wouldn't be high enough to get him accepted, and I highly doubt QC would accept a college grad/mature student.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Slasher61 Slasher61
Here is an idea...why not visit them yourself and use that as your assessment.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Soccerboy Soccerboy
Hey, what if your overall average is 87 in Grade 11, but up till now you have 5 Grade 12 Courses at a 91 avg? Can you still get early acceptance?

How can we also push our guidance councillors into submitting our mid-term marks into the OUAC system, because they haven't done it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sherrybloosm sherrybloosm

@Nick0rz wrote

@DayOnBay wrote

Im guessing because his HS grades wouldn't be high enough to get him accepted, and I highly doubt QC would accept a college grad/mature student.

Careful there. I know of a couple of exceptions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0