yconic - Best format for Résumé? [email]
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Best format for Résumé? [email]

A photo of Super Super
.pdf, .txt, .rtf, .doc, .docx, .jpg? Any suggestions?

Also, do you attach your Cover Letter or type it in the body of the email message?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
My resume is always attached as a .doc - everyone at least has Windows 2000 capability. My cover letter is always the body of the email, unless they specifically ask for a cover letter to be sent as an attachment.

See this thread for more information.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Super Super

@ARMY101 wrote
My resume is always attached as a .doc - everyone at least has Windows 2000 capability. My cover letter is always the body of the email, unless they specifically ask for a cover letter to be sent as an attachment.

Hey thanks for replying to my post. You have some great advice! Especially about hand delivering the resume, if that's an option with employers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Wow. That thread is the nicest I have ever seen Army behave...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@ARMY101 wrote

+ 1

If you have Office 2007 or newer, you might want to save as an Office 97-03 document, that way it doesn't have to convert itself or anything like that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0