yconic - Best management core classes at McGill?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Best management core classes at McGill?

A photo of Bitteeinbit Bitteeinbit
Hi,

I'm hoping to get some answers from the Management students here. I'm already at McGill, graduating next year (U3) and a returning student after a 3 year absence. Anyways, I got into a minor in management and am wondering which classes people recommend both for what you learned and usefulness.

So far I've done Intro to Accounting and for the Fall term I have "Management Economics" and "Information systems", both management core classes. i picked them because they sound interesting to me. My question is this: do any of these two classes require math/algebra? I thought Info systems was mostly learning excel spreadsheets and stuff like that. I did some of that back in CEGEP and forgot most of it (that can be quickly remedied with a few online tutorials I figure). However, the info on the class states that algebra might be needed. Is this true? Last time I did math was in high school, which was 7 years ago.... Needless to say, I want to do classes which require no math (I also realize this limits me quite a bit).

Are these two choices ok? I was told Info systems was interesting. I've heard good stuff about Marketing and Org behaviour as well (though I'm not too interested by the latter). Would Marketing be a better choice? What were your favourite basic econ/management/finance classes? Which was the most difficult? My first choice was Business Statistics but I was told Math was an integral part of that course and if I was not up to date I would flunk. I should also add that due to a double-minor, I might have to take a 6 class term, so knowing which classes are easier would be nice so I can group them together. Any advice/recommendations would be highly appreciated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
0 replies