yconic - Best Move In Date
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Best Move In Date

A photo of cassyjames cassyjames
I'm just wondering when you should move into res? Like how many days before your first classes start would you say is a good move-in date?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Newki Newki
I think that really depends on what school and where it is. Some schools have a date when you can move in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
^ You're right.
it depends on the school.
Some schools already have set move-in dates..
but if yours doesn't..
I would say at least a week.. at most two weeks, before classes start..
That gives you plenty of time to adjust and get to know your campus/city a little better!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mmyers12 mmyers12
Most University's give you a set move in date (as mentioned above) because there are sooo many new people moving in at once they can't just let anyone choose when they would want to move in because the rooms might not be ready.
If you get stuck with a late move in date (mine was about 3 days before classes) Don't stress about it! :) You will find time to unpack your stuff and you will be too busy making new friends to really worry about having everything set up your first week.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
I moved in on the set move in date. At Mac, it's usually a week before classes start and the first day of frosh week. You definitely don't want to miss out on frosh week events since that's the best time to meet people in your rez building and program and a great way to make friends. Plus then you can spend time exploring campus and finding out where your classes are so you're not late/lost on your first day.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of StudentAtStPats StudentAtStPats
LOL at first I thought this post meant Best Move in a date. :) and yea, I think some universities charge you per night if you come in early.
Was this helpful? Yes 0