yconic - Best Option
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Best Option

A photo of dvan dvan
My average for midterms is 84.5, I applied to Ryerson, Brock BAcc, McMaster Bcomm,and Laurier BBA (will probably get an alternate offer for econ). What are my chances and what program should I choose? (assuming I get an alternate offer from Laurier)?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Absolut Absolut
Did you write the Laurier ABS form?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dvan dvan
I did, but it was mediocre at best.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
First off, it seems like you know that if you were to get an offer to Laurier BBA that it is probably the best choice for you.

Chances...

Ryerson: All but guaranteed
Brock BAcc: Highly likely
McMaster BComm: Highly likely
Laurier BBA: Unlikely, unless your ABS/ECs are insane
Laurier Honours Ec: Highly likely

As for which one to choose, it depends on what you are interested in. I'm thinking you want to be a CA since you applied to Brock BAcc, so you would probably want a fully accredited program, which leaves Brock BAcc, McMaster BComm, and Laurier Honours Ec.

Laurier Honours Ec is an excellent program, but you have fewer options. There are only a few concentrations (accounting being one of them). If you are really interested in economics and accounting it would be a good program, and if you like Laurier as a school it may be good.

Brock BAcc is a very good accounting program but is accounting-only. It has a decent co-op program as well. If you like Brock and are confident that you will like accounting, it may be a good choice.

McMaster is a good school, not too many bad things are said about it. It is good for accounting. There's nothing great about it really (other than the trading floor) but it is a reputable school and just a solid program. Being a full business porgram you're not limited and have many options. If you like Mac and are unsure of if you like accounting enough, it would be a good choice.

If I were to make this decision, I would probably choose either Mac or Laurier. Mac's program is solid and is all-business, but I do like Laurier's atmosphere and also there is a chance you could transfer into the BBA program without too much trouble. Without putting much thought into the decision, I would personally choose Mac if I had to.
Was this helpful? Yes 0