yconic - Best student credit card?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Best student credit card?

A photo of tomatosoup tomatosoup
In your opinion, which credit card is the best for students and why?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I think the best thing to look for is the lowest interest rate you can find and a low cap, say $500.

It's important to build credit but not be buying everything, I had a high credit limit and got into a bit of trouble so it's important to manage that.

I ended up with a CIBC student visa, I like the online banking it's taken everywhere and I've never had any problems with customer service or anything.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
There are already plenty of discussions on this...

I have a Scene Visa through ScotiaBank. It gets me free movies and discounts on movie theatre food.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SassyAmbivalence SassyAmbivalence

@Alliee wrote
I think the best thing to look for is the lowest interest rate you can find and a low cap, say $500.

It's important to build credit but not be buying everything, I had a high credit limit and got into a bit of trouble so it's important to manage that.

I ended up with a CIBC student visa, I like the online banking it's taken everywhere and I've never had any problems with customer service or anything.

That's what my brother told me to get.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
BMO SPC Mastercard

I had the CIBC Visa for 1 year and then switched over to the SPC Mastercard..you get discounts for a whole bunch of clothing/shoe stores, restaurants/fast food places, etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke
Just get on your parents'. Of course, that is assuming you're the trustworthy kind. I have two cards, both supplementary.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
TD Visa Rebate card :) You get 1% of what you spend in cash.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of petarpoparacrni petarpoparacrni
President's Choice :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KaituoKid KaituoKid

@heesoup wrote
TD Visa Rebate card :) You get 1% of what you spend in cash.

what about the TD Visa green card?

lol I'm not actually sure about that name btw.
Was this helpful? Yes 0