yconic - Best things to do?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Best things to do?

A photo of Sandergirl Sandergirl
Give me some helpful hints to promote school spirit?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
20 replies

A photo of GAC2015 GAC2015
a) a good song

b) improve athletics by means of make ppl watch games and support their teams and if the teams win its even better for the school spirit

c) the school needs to have a variety of good school clothing, because it defs improves the spirit when you see someone walking down the street wearing a shirt promoting your uni.. yea but is has to be decent clothing
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of brogan33 brogan33
Not only should you encourage the best sport at school but encourage ALL sports!

At my school this year we started to advertise volleyball and basketball, not just football. The teams began improving and that increased school spirit all around.

Have face painting at the beginning of the day or turn the game into a huge barbeque to maybe help fund some new school spirit or equipment
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of meesh41 meesh41
My school has Spirit Weeks where every day has a different theme. For example, we had a salad dressing week.. Ranch - everyone dressed up as cowboys and cowgirls. House Salad - dress in your school colours. Thousand Island - dress up in Hawaiian attire. Greek - dress in togas and sandals.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of gassergasser gassergasser
Get the school mascot to base jump off the roof of your school..guarenteed fun!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of emberaelle emberaelle
My school sells shirts :cheers: :cheers: with our school logo, and then they can be used as tickets to get into sporting events or other activities. It saves the student's money and promotes school spirit.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Those are great ideas! I can't wait to start uni!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tedirun tedirun
:compress:
@brogan33 wrote
Not only should you encourage the best sport at school but encourage ALL sports!

At my school this year we started to advertise volleyball and basketball, not just football. The teams began improving and that increased school spirit all around.

Have face painting at the beginning of the day or turn the game into a huge barbeque to maybe help fund some new school spirit or equipment

I'd suggest fencing too. I'm working on introducing this beautiful sport at college. It is so much fun and develop great qualities, not just physical. It helps you stay focused and develops your ability to think fast and make rational decisions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of blm2 blm2
I suggest wearing school colours, this includes face painting! :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Vinhle Vinhle
1) good motivation and reputation
2) Sports team
3) great community or people in the atmosphere
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Vinhle Vinhle
aha! the MASCOT thing was a good idea!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PrincessNFL PrincessNFL
A great way that we promote school spirit is having pep rallies and having a mascot walk around the campus handing out free swag with our school name!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of smithr22 smithr22
My school had a few years where the school spirit was very minimal, what are school did to improve it was have a day (usually friday) dress up in all plaid, like an old person, wear school colors, wear neon colors, just fun stuff like that, they'd put their name into a ballot and at the end of the year, the person that did these things got drawed and won for example at our school an I-pod touch. It really boosted school spirit, also we sold school clothing and it is really a hit too. If you have a committee to work on school spirit, it workd a lot better, get some student feedback too, ask them what they would like to see, it makes people feel better about their school when they feel included in these things.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chilly149 chilly149
my school is going to try to put together a lip-dub.
you can look them up on youtube.com if you're not sure what that is.
it's really fun and can help show your community how much spirit you have if you get it out there that you've made one :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kashtin93 kashtin93
Spirit weeks

Contests that involve the whole school

Just show how much you love the school and others might see how great it is also. I know that if we have a great energetic leader alot of people like to get involved.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of StudentAtStPats StudentAtStPats

@chilly149 wrote
my school is going to try to put together a lip-dub.
you can look them up on youtube.com if you're not sure what that is.
it's really fun and can help show your community how much spirit you have if you get it out there that you've made one :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zcOFN_VBVo Looks SO awesome! :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jenny12sohn jenny12sohn
SPIRIT DAYS like pajama day, ___________ (enter school name) Swagga day (where you wear your school colours and get candy)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jenny12sohn jenny12sohn
If someone's not participating in a spirit day, you can ask them "where's your school spirit?" :cyclops:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
The first step would be for everyone who does not participate in school spirit to be suspended. 'nuff said.
Was this helpful? Yes 0