yconic - BEST TIP TO SAVE MONEY
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

BEST TIP TO SAVE MONEY

A photo of LuceeMac LuceeMac
The best way to save money in my opinion is to set up a saving bank account with whatever branch of banking your with. I have a Money Masters account and I cannot withdraw money or it will cost me 5 bucks. The only way to use the money is to transfer from the account to a chequings, which you can only do at scotia atms. Once you have a savings account, from every pay cheque, or whatever income you have, put 100 aside to savings, or whatever number you want. Before you know it, you will have accumulated a decent amount of money!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
13 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
That sounds like good advice, if you don't need to withdraw money. Me, I never use my bank card. But if there's cash in my wallet I'm tempted to spend it :P Storing money in the bank is a great way to save though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I think a great way to save money is if you have a job and every paycheck, you save 25% of what you made. It's not a lot, but in time, you'll have a lot of money saved up.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I used to only put money away in a regular debit account. But once I did what you mentioned and opened a real seperate savings account my life became a lot easier. The money I saived I didn't end up spending anyways because it was locked away from me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of FerdyYam FerdyYam
Many good ideas but does anyone know about going through uni or college with the military? they can pay for your full tuition and you get a full time job afterwards :).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jstephens jstephens
I have a Tax free Savings account with my bank set up with an automatic monthly deposit
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kclarke kclarke
I'm using e-savings account at RBC and I can't touch my money unless I pay 5 dollars. This helps.
Also If your looking to save money, just give it to your parents to hold onto, their the one person who can say no to you, and if you need money and there is a solid reason why you must use it they will give it to you. This stops you from using your money on stupid things.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MrsCasanova MrsCasanova
i have the same scotiabank moneymasters account...however internet banking makes it wayyy to easy to transfer money and i dont end up saving it :( lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lemons lemons
be a concious shoppper, save and dont spend
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sarahcrack sarahcrack
I'm just continuously telling myself I don't have any money to spend, that way I don't spend it or I spend very little.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Aomari Aomari
A tax free savings account(TFSA) is a good way to save money. My bank's TFSA lets you withdraw once a month if you need it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Aomari Aomari
Another way is to put away as much money as you can when you receive it. Such as, if you get an allowance or you have a job, to put a percentage of that into a savings account.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jenny12sohn jenny12sohn
I have to agree with you, LuceeMac :cyclops:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of niklo90 niklo90
ahaha best way to save money is not to buy so much beer in first year :p
Was this helpful? Yes 0