yconic - Best university to major in english?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Best university to major in english?

A photo of mariazuppardi12 mariazuppardi12
I want to be an editor when i'm done University, so which university would be best for me to go to? I live in Toronto, and I don't want to move away, so my only choices are University of Toronto (both St. George and Scarborough), York Unviersity, the Glendon Campus of York Unviersity, and Ryerson. Which one would be best for me?

The only program I realy know about is the Ryerson one, so is Ryerson a good choice above the others?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of ktel ktel
Or you could go into a journalism program at Ryerson (does York have one? I can't remember)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
In theory, you can major in anything you want at any school you want. There is no clear cut path to being an editor. Your academic background will matter a lot less than your work experience and what you've done. I speak from work experience, having worked with professionals in the field. I second ktel's suggestion: a journalism background will probably help you more than an English background.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mariazuppardi12 mariazuppardi12
thsnks guys!!!! ill look into everything u said, u helped me a bunch <3
Was this helpful? Yes 0