yconic - Better business school- Ryerson, Dalhousie or U of Calgary?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Better business school- Ryerson, Dalhousie or U of Calgary?

A photo of Sean19 Sean19
Which of these universities has the best business school for the undergraduate level: Ryerson(Toronto), Dalhousie(Halifax) or U of Calgary(Calgary)?

Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of dimethylamylamine dimethylamylamine

@Sean19 wrote
Which of these universities has the best business school for the undergraduate level: Ryerson(Toronto), Dalhousie(Halifax) or U of Calgary(Calgary)?

Thanks.

Dal offers very unique programs like environmental management. UofC gets great exposure to recruiting from calgary-based investment banks and oil companies. Ryerson shares its building with Canadian Tire.

I'd go with UofC unless you're looking for a specific program that's only offered by Dal.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dancecubed dancecubed
I can't speak for the other universities (although I've personally competed against Dalhousie...awesome people!) but the student group life at Ryerson is pretty strong, which is what attracted me for my major - Entrepreneurship.

It depends on your goals to be honest, but all three schools are great choices.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK
At this time I would be deciding between Ryerson and Calgary. Calgary is great for oil/energy recruitment as well as other local firms. Ryerson is good because is downtown Toronto and you can network like crazy. Additionally, the school is on track to becoming very good in the future, but right now it is ok.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of caveman caveman
All three answers have been good. These three cities are quite different from each other, and are very far apart. Take into consideration the strengths of these programs, but also take into mind where you are going to be living. If you'd prefer to stay in Toronto and would like to work there immediately upon graduation, and possibly get internships there in the summer, Ryerson is for you. If you don't really care where you go and just want a fun university experience and a good job look more into the programs and what their strengths are and just decide which one feels best.
Was this helpful? Yes 0