yconic - Big Nurd Off / Chances
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Big Nurd Off / Chances

A photo of bloop777 bloop777
So I know there are a lot of keeners around this site but just let me know what you think

Marks
Grade 12 marks I did last year
IDC4u - 94
ICS4u - 97
BAT4m - 92
ENG4u - 85

Current midterm grade 12 marks
Data - 93
Calc - 93
Functions - 91
TDA4m (architecture) - 96

Average including pr = 92.8

Ecs

Student Council Exec Treasurer - pretty much i decided what clubs get what money from our 90 k budget ( we are a big school so we have a large budget)
DECA President - I won regional top 10 for 2 years now
Curling Captain - My team won gold last year
Martial Arts student/instructor - ive done karate for 7 years and bjj for 2, at provincials i came 3rd for advanced karate, and at bjj provincial i also came third but for beginner, i taught karate for 4 years
Princess Margret Hospital (Cancer Research one) - I was a biostatics volunteer over the summer
Youth Volunteer Toronto Co-founder - so after being in the ICAO's "save the world" comp i came second but i still decided to finish my proposal and i created this website
www.toronto.yvnetwork.com and we have fairs and events etc

I applied to

Queens Commerce
Ivey
UBC Sauder
Guelph Agribusiness
Rotman
Mcgill
Laurier
Waterloo AFM-FM
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4
wow.

getting in for sure.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thecookiemonster thecookiemonster
Did you need to ask? As long as you can write have decently, you'll be able to get in. Just make sure you keep your average over 92 as that's around McGill's cutoff. but you'll have others to pick from lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks
lets just hope that they like my essays
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dimethylamylamine dimethylamylamine

@bloop777 wrote
So I know there are a lot of keeners around this site but just let me know what you think

Marks
Grade 12 marks I did last year
IDC4u - 94
ICS4u - 97
BAT4m - 92
ENG4u - 85

Current midterm grade 12 marks
Data - 93
Calc - 93
Functions - 91
TDA4m (architecture) - 96

Average including pr = 92.8

Ecs

Student Council Exec Treasurer - pretty much i decided what clubs get what money from our 90 k budget ( we are a big school so we have a large budget)
DECA President - I won regional top 10 for 2 years now
Curling Captain - My team won gold last year
Martial Arts student/instructor - ive done karate for 7 years and bjj for 2, at provincials i came 3rd for advanced karate, and at bjj provincial i also came third but for beginner, i taught karate for 4 years
Princess Margret Hospital (Cancer Research one) - I was a biostatics volunteer over the summer
Youth Volunteer Toronto Co-founder - so after being in the ICAO's "save the world" comp i came second but i still decided to finish my proposal and i created this website
www.toronto.yvnetwork.com and we have fairs and events etc

I applied to

Queens Commerce
Ivey
UBC Sauder
Guelph Agribusiness
Rotman
Mcgill
Laurier
Waterloo AFM-FM

Impressive, very similar to me back in grade 12. If the pool of competition didn't change, you should have Queen's, Ivey, McGill, Laurier, and Rotman acceptances during their early or first-round acceptances.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Finance27 Finance27
90k budget? That has to be a lie. The max I've known for a school for about 2000 kids is like $15K. 90K - are you deciding the payroll for staff or something ? Lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Finance27 wrote
90k budget? That has to be a lie. The max I've known for a school for about 2000 kids is like $15K. 90K - are you deciding the payroll for staff or something ? Lol

Lol, it is big but its true.
A bit more then half always goes to yearbooks though the rest goes to clubs and athletics.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Well all the chancellor nominees got into queens today
I got into Guelph - Food and Agricultural Business Rofl?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cliffhanger33 cliffhanger33
U will get Ivey
Queen's depends on your essays, which I think should be fine.
McGill Keep 92+
Sauders = your personal profile should be good and your 5 activities listed

The rest should be in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Ya thanks, I was just bumbed out that i didn't get nominated for chanecellors, the school chose these kids with 97 averages and one was also president of DECA Ontario haha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cliffhanger33 cliffhanger33

@bloop777 wrote
Ya thanks, I was just bumbed out that i didn't get nominated for chanecellors, the school chose these kids with 97 averages and one was also president of DECA Ontario haha

dw early acceptance is no better than later acceptance. the end result is the same
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
What are you talking about there are no keeners on this site
Was this helpful? Yes 0