yconic - biology needed for physics undergrad?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

biology needed for physics undergrad?

A photo of saifabid saifabid
hey guys, so i was wondering something... if my top 6 average is 87+ ( adv fun, calc, phys,chem, exi sci , eng) BUT, i have a mark in my 8 course list which is 60( bio ) will i be able to get into a physics program say at U of T for physics undergrad becasue of my top 6?

pretty much what im wondering is, will the one course which is a 60 and not included in the top 6 be looked at by universities?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of aquarius aquarius
If Biology is not pre req for that program , then it will not be counted.Even if it says recommended, it still will not be counted as top 6.

Most programs all has pre requisites and those subjects will be used to calculate your average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ElainaWalker ElainaWalker
Hey Saif

If you are planning to go for a graduate program in physics or mathematics, then the biology marks wouldn't put any impact in most of the colleges. Even if you want to go for a B.Tech degree, then also biology marks might not be counted. But if the college where you are applying has the criteria of cut off marks or minimum percentage then you may face a problem. Your overall average has go down because of the marks in biology. So while just check with the admission procedure of the college.
Was this helpful? Yes 0