yconic - biomed at ottawaU
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

biomed at ottawaU

A photo of Mas40 Mas40
Hey

I have applied to the Biomed program at the University of Ottawa and still haven't heard back from them. I got accepted to the Biochemistry and the Health Sciences program at the university of Ottawa with a $3000 scholarship in January.

Since the program only accepts around a 100 students every year, do you think that I will be accepted in the last batch of offers, around May. My expected average will be around 90%.

Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of comebackkid comebackkid
Hey, so I got my UOttawa acceptance for BioMed in early February, and I also had a 90% average. A quick note: If I'm not mistaken, the program accepts more than 100 students; however, the amount that UO predicts will accept their offer is about 100. If they only accepted 100 people then they would have been done giving out offers already :P Just remain patient, a 90+ average is competitive I'd say, but if you drop into the high 80's you begin to risk your chances of getting in. Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@Mas40 wrote
Hey

I have applied to the Biomed program at the University of Ottawa and still haven't heard back from them. I got accepted to the Biochemistry and the Health Sciences program at the university of Ottawa with a $3000 scholarship in January.

Since the program only accepts around a 100 students every year, do you think that I will be accepted in the last batch of offers, around May. My expected average will be around 90%.

I got early acceptance with 87% (I think) with $8K then last week my scholarship doubled after my midterm marks went way up. Their calculation for scholarship is English/French PLUS next top 5 so that worked well for me.

They do accept a little over 100 students but I hear by 2nd year there will be roughly around 100 as some students do transfer out but you are not allowed to transfer in.

I am in the same situation as you for Guelph University though where they gave me alternate offer Biological Science with my midterm mark above 90%.

Good Luck to you and hopefully you will get in.

Was this helpful? Yes 0