yconic - Bio-Medical Science at Guelph?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Bio-Medical Science at Guelph?

A photo of jordyn07 jordyn07
I'm a grade 12 student at an Ontario non-semestered high school and I'm starting to get really antsy because I haven't been accepted anywhere yet (except Windsor, but that hardly counts). I was wondering if anyone who has applied to Mac LifeSci, Western Bio-Med or Science, Queens Science or especially Guelph Bio-Med and has gotten in would mind posting their average to give me some reassurance? Thanks!!

My grades this year are as follows:
ENG4U- NMR
SCH4U- 96
SBI4U- 96
MHF4U- 91 (final)
MCV4U- 80
CGR4U- 96 (final)
FSF4U- 89
MDM4U- 91
my english mark last year was 88, it will definitely be higher this year.

Top 6- 93
Top 6 with calc- 91. 167
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@jordyn07 wrote
I'm a grade 12 student at an Ontario non-semestered high school and I'm starting to get really antsy because I haven't been accepted anywhere yet (except Windsor, but that hardly counts). I was wondering if anyone who has applied to Mac LifeSci, Western Bio-Med or Science, Queens Science or especially Guelph Bio-Med and has gotten in would mind posting their average to give me some reassurance? Thanks!!

My grades this year are as follows:
ENG4U- NMR
SCH4U- 96
SBI4U- 96
MHF4U- 91 (final)
MCV4U- 80
CGR4U- 96 (final)
FSF4U- 89
MDM4U- 91
my english mark last year was 88, it will definitely be higher this year.

Top 6- 93
Top 6 with calc- 91. 167

The 2nd round of offer should be out soon. I got a call from them ;they just started looking at the applications now. With those mark you will definitely get in. Last year I know somebody that got in with 87.

Good Luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks for replying! I guess its just a waiting game at this point.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heysiobhan heysiobhan
I got my acceptance to Guelph Bio-Med, my average worked out to 89% for this semester, and my Grade 11 marks on OUAC are a bit higher. It looks like you get great marks, I wouldn't worry too much!
(Also, nobody who I've talked to has received an email from Guelph or OUAC saying they've been accepted there. I logged onto the website and it was a total surprise. If you haven't already, check it out). I haven't heard from McMaster or Western yet either, but I think I'll probably accept my offer to Guelph :) I hope this was helpful, Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thank you, that makes me feel much better!!

Finally heard back from Mac too.. accepted somewhere at last!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sillybatman sillybatman
I applied for bio sci at Guelph (86 avg), still no response. So nervous! :/
A lot of the b.a kids have gotten accepted, but none for b.sc.
I think they send out acceptances for the sciences in the second round. So I'm sure you have nothing to worry about, especially with that average! :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Would March be the second round?

And thanks, good luck to you too!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sillybatman sillybatman
From what I've heard, I think the second round is march/april.
Cheers! :3
Was this helpful? Yes 0